Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Milton Bradley Concentration 5th edition question  (Read 1124 times)

bradhig

Milton Bradley Concentration 5th edition question
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:11:48 PM »
I have seen some fifth edition games with a blue board ,red number tiles , and brown prize holders while some others have a red board with blue number cards ,and white prize holders why would the same edition have different colors?  

Also did the fifth edition have a puzzle with a brick wall on it?  I remember having a Milton Bradley Concentration with blue puzzle board and red number cards that had a puzzle with a brick wall was it the fifth edition?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
My best guess, based on my collection (I have all the editions, and duplicates of several), is that when it came to everything but the puzzle roll, the Milton Bradley folks just used up whatever inventory they had, and then printed (or pressed) new stuff as needed.  I once had a chart listing all the prize cards for each edition, and I was told by a few collectors that even those were not completely consistent in some cases.  Also, if you got your copy second-hand (as almost all of us have), you can never be sure that it didn't come from a home that owned multiple editions and got the pieces mixed up over the years.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »
I well remember the Fifth Edition having blue boards with red numbers in some copies and red boards with blue numbers in others.  As a kid I saw one in a store with the red board and blue numbers and thought the blue numbers looked neat, so I asked for one for my tenth birthday.  I ended up with another brown prize holders/blue board/red numbers version as the Fourth Edition had been, and I was so disapointed that I painted the board red, to the disapproval of the family.

I have two copies of the Fifth Edition, both with red boards and blue numbers, but one contains the Fourth Edition puzzle roll (brick wall), and the pink prize cards are so worn out that I made a photocopy sheet of them with the telltale markings eliminated--all that remains is for someone to bond it to a thin cardboard sheet, cut out the cards and find a way to punch the right size hole in the top of each.  Anyone here care to make an offer?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel