Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show personalities on magazine cover  (Read 2138 times)

ITSBRY

Game show personalities on magazine cover
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »
I caught just a quick glimpse of this last night on Entertainment Tonight and was wondering if anyone could fill in the details.

All I remember is that Betty White, Bob Barker and Tom Kennedy did a magazine cover photo shoot for, I think, Entertainment Weekly. I didn't catch the reason for it or what month the issue is for. I might not even have the right magazine. I did a google search and looked on both ET and EW's websites, but I didn't turn up anything on this.

Did anyone happen to catch that segment?

snowpeck

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »
I think you mean The Hollywood Reporter.  They're doing a special issue honoring Hollywood celebrities over 80 (with a few exceptions in their late 70s).

There's apparently a section devoted to game show hosts... Bob Barker, Tom Kennedy, Monty Hall, and Peter Marshall are all featured... Kennedy mentions that he loves watching game show clips on YouTube.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'252625\' date=\'Dec 16 2010, 01:39 PM\']I think you mean The Hollywood Reporter.[/quote]
WOW! Debbie Reynolds has aged very well. Doug, this must please you very much.

ITSBRY

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'252625\' date=\'Dec 16 2010, 01:39 PM\']I think you mean The Hollywood Reporter.  They're doing a special issue honoring Hollywood celebrities over 80 (with a few exceptions in their late 70s).

There's apparently a section devoted to game show hosts... Bob Barker, Tom Kennedy, Monty Hall, and Peter Marshall are all featured... Kennedy mentions that he loves watching game show clips on YouTube.[/quote]

Thank you Greg. I knew someone here would have the skinny. :)

ITSBRY

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'252692\' date=\'Dec 17 2010, 04:41 PM\'][quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'252625\' date=\'Dec 16 2010, 01:39 PM\']I think you mean The Hollywood Reporter.[/quote]
WOW! Debbie Reynolds has aged very well. Doug, this must please you very much.
[/quote]

Sheesh...no kidding. That's either one helluvan airbrush job or she's been living in a time-proof vortex since 1985. Go Debbie.

tvrandywest

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:41:24 PM »
Saw the mag today. The issue features lots of people and groups of people in their 80s... studio heads and others, in addition to performers.

The game show photo is very cute. A 1920s classic car driven by Barker (of course!), with Monty riding shotgun; Tom Kennedy and Peter Marshall are in the back seat. All are sporting elegant wardrobe, accessories and Hollywood smiles.

There's only a paragraph or two of copy, which includes:
1) Barker's quip - "I thought all you guys were dead!"
2) A recap of each guy's charitable causes
3) Tom enjoying retirement, watching clips on You Tube
4) Peter still working, because he loves it
5) Monty still gets asked at a bank of elevators, "Which door, Monty?"

Cute.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
Here's a pic

And a quick article piece
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:20:03 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS