Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DJ Games?  (Read 996 times)

bwood

DJ Games?
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »
Hey All,
I am a DJ at a local bar/tavern in a small suburban town on Friday nights with a friend of mine. Part of our routine includes playing "mini-games" with our "audience" between songs (about every 15-20 minutes or so). We DJ about 6 hours a night. I'm trying to come up with a somewhat decent catalog of really quick games that we can play and rotate (a la TPIR). The games should require little setup and supplies. Somehow we've hit a roadblock and can't really come up with many "new" ideas. I was hoping the talented people on this board could help. The games we play take about 2-3 minutes max, but we could probably go up to 5 for some. Winners of the games get to pick a letter from our prize board (which is the name of the bar spelled out with envelopes in each letter containing prizes. Think on the order of the bonus board on Gene Wood's BtC. Our prizes are things like shirts, hats, free drinks etc. Here are some of what we play now to give you guys an idea (a straight Name That Tune type game is obvious to do, and we occasionally do them I just haven't included it here):

Trivia Hunt:
Before we begin for the evening we tape up index cards with answers to trivia questions around the bar. We then ask a question and the "contestants" search for the answer and bring us the card with the correct answer on it. This is our most popular game and we play it quite often.

Songs Under The Influence:
We play a song that we have "remixed". It's sped up, slowed down, "scratched", etc. to where it's difficult to recognize. If the person can identify 3 song clips they win. 1 and 2 correct get consolation prizes (as do all games where 3 is required to win).

TV Theme Trivia:
We play 3 clips of TV Themes back to back and the contestant must identify them in order played.

My Old Cell Phone:
We have an old looking "prop" cell phone and we play an MIDI file of a hit song. 3 correct wins a prize board pick.

Don't Trust The DJ:
I read 3 statements and they tell me true/false for each. 3 wins.

Bartender Match Game:
Exactly what it is. The Bartender is the "celebrity" the customer has to match. 1 question, 1 match to win.

Beat The DJ BlackJack:
Simple BlackJack with large cards. DJ is the dealer. Hits on 16, stays on 17. 1 hand, one chance to win.

That's basically what we have now. We tried one once we called "The Price WAS Right" with some grocery items and the contestant had to guess how much they were in a certain year within a range but it got old researching and buying products. We also occasionally do a LMAD style game where we ask for an item and they can pick from 2 mystery boxes. One has a shirt, one has a zonk.
Any help to add to our rotation would be greatly appreciated. Some of these games on the list are not as favored by us as others and we would like to add a few new ones to our portfolio. Thank you all so much in advance!

Brandon
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:18:32 PM by bwood »