Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trivia Unwrapped  (Read 2676 times)

JayC

Trivia Unwrapped
« on: November 27, 2003, 12:21:03 AM »
Trivia Unwrapped has been replaced by another episode of Top 5 for the last 2 or 3 weeks.  Is it cancelled, on hiatus, making new episodes and they don't want reruns, or what?

leszekp

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 01:29:38 PM »
They only taped a limited number of episodes, and I believe they've run through all those by now. Based on the fact that they're not running reruns (as they do with every other Food Network program(, I wouldn't look for the show to come back.

IMO, the first two rounds were fatally flawed - too slow moving and uninteresting. The general question round and final round weren't bad, but by then it was too late. Seems to me that the most successful quiz shows have a single, consistent, fast-paced format throughout most of the show, with the final round treated as an exclamation mark.

ilb4ever2000

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 01:38:49 PM »
IMO, the first two rounds were fatally flawed - too slow moving and uninteresting. The general question round and final round weren't bad, but by then it was too late. Seems to me that the most successful quiz shows have a single, consistent, fast-paced format throughout most of the show, with the final round treated as an exclamation mark.

It's usually not a good thing to just heap a bunch of different rounds together as so many of the more "generic" shows have in the past. Do TV people ever learn?

chuckwooleryfan

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 10:56:38 PM »
Bummer. I had a small interest in this show and was actually pulling for it to succeed. But so much for that now...

dmota104

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 04:03:51 PM »
Bummer. I had a small interest in this show and was actually pulling for it to succeed. But so much for that now

So was I.  Truth be told, I liked the first round.  We haven't seen sort of memory game since "Hit Man" (yeah, you could make a case for "Cram"...but still).  

Plus, I did like how the second round changed from episode to episode.

Big problem: This was a weekly series instead of 5-days-a-week.

bandit_bobby

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 04:54:20 PM »
No mention has been made that is has been canceled. This will probably be the same fashion that happened to Beat The Geeks.

BarQuizHost

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 02:27:07 PM »
Trivia Unwrapped has not been cancelled.  It will begin airing 5 days a week starting on December 29.  The show will be aired in the morning (11:30 AM EST, I believe)

52 episodes were taped and only about a dozen episodes have aired so far.  

I know this because I was notified today that my episode will air on February 26.

zachhoran

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 07:44:46 PM »
[quote name=\'BarQuizHost\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 02:27 PM\'] Trivia Unwrapped has not been cancelled.  It will begin airing 5 days a week starting on December 29.  The show will be aired in the morning (11:30 AM EST, I believe)

I know this because I was notified today that my episode will air on February 26. [/quote]
 Congrats on making it to the show, Barquiz. But good luck to Food Network getting ratings opposite TPIR(and even Bergeron HS on GSN)

chuckwooleryfan

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 11:51:04 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 07:44 PM\']Congrats on making it to the show, Barquiz. But good luck to Food Network getting ratings opposite TPIR(and even Bergeron HS on GSN)[/quote]
Yep, that's going to be a tall order. And no, I don't mean the tall wedding cake being thrown in the mix.

Oh... that was just great. Where's my gong?

catkins522

Trivia Unwrapped
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 07:35:16 PM »
[quote name=\'BarQuizHost\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 02:27 PM\'] Trivia Unwrapped has not been cancelled.  It will begin airing 5 days a week starting on December 29.  The show will be aired in the morning (11:30 AM EST, I believe)

I know this because I was notified today that my episode will air on February 26. [/quote]
 Actually, it is on at 9:30 AM M-F EST, not 11:30 AM EST.
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!