Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's on Pat's card?  (Read 5168 times)

chad1m

What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'254597\' date=\'Jan 13 2011, 12:34 PM\']I would really like to see what's written on Pat's card as far as letter distribution for the main game.[/quote]Since he's given those off-stage too, I wouldn't think there's any of that on his card.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
Allen had the five passwords in his podium but not the answer to the puzzle.

wheelloon

What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
Pat has talked before, albeit briefly, about what's on his cards.

For example, letter distributions are not on the cards, those are directed to him offstage via a small TV monitor. At one time, they used to be directed to him from a person within Pat's sight (sometimes producer Nancy Jones) that holds up the number of letters in a puzzle after the letter is called. The former live person and current monitor are positioned very near or under the camera that focuses in on Pat most of the show.

As others have said, the bonus round grand prize info is directed to Pat from offstage. The puzzle categories are on his cards, but things like what wedge the $10,000 is under during the mystery round aren't. The bonus puzzle IS on his card, and I'd bet he does everything he can to keep it away from the player's sight. It's all nothing more than general production inclusions to help speed things up, not because of something minuscule like Sajak not wanting to be surprised... -_-

/If you believe that it is though, give me your address and I'll send you my pamphlets about Florida swampland, wedding rings formerly owned by Larry King, and houses for sale at the North Pole.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

ClockGameJohn

What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 11:16:10 PM »
It's quite obvious Pat knows the solution to the BR puzzle, regardless of whether it is on his card or not.  That point was proven to me quite clearly a few weeks ago.  :)

chrisholland03

What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »
His dance partners, of course

Mr. Armadillo

What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 09:19:12 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'254653\' date=\'Jan 13 2011, 10:16 PM\']It's quite obvious Pat knows the solution to the BR puzzle, regardless of whether it is on his card or not.  That point was proven to me quite clearly a few weeks ago.  :)[/quote]
Well, that makes one of you.  :)

CeleTheRef

What's on Pat's card?
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »
In Italy good ol' Mike Bongiorno always hosted Wheel with pen and paper in hand.

Not happy of having everything written on a standard sheet of paper, he kept track of the scores and of called letters himself, announcing when one consonant was left.

The current host probably doesn't even know the categories (it's the model's job to tell them) or maybe he reads the puzzles before the show and then goes on by memory, with scenes like:  
"...a D you say? I'm sorry but..."

*ding!*

"...oh wait, there's one".