Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Very temporary themes  (Read 6058 times)

Bob Zager

Very temporary themes
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 01:42:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'256072\' date=\'Jan 31 2011, 02:37 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'256060\' date=\'Jan 31 2011, 12:05 PM\'][quote name=\'rjaguar3\' post=\'256057\' date=\'Jan 31 2011, 12:50 PM\']I know that Sports Challenge used a different theme for one season*, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.  Would anyone happen to know any information about that theme?

*It's the theme that goes E-E-F#-A-B---E-E-F#-A-B-A-F#-C#-B-E-E-F#-A-B----A-F#-A-A-A, and so on, for those for whom this transcription may help.[/quote]
It had a synthesized feel to it and had a faster tempo, if it's the same one I'm thinking of. I'd say it was used in the later seasons, maybe the next-to-last?
[/quote]

I believe you're right. For the not-so-musically-inclined, here's a credit roll from one of those shows, with the theme in the clear. Gets pretty wild near the end!

Re. the TJW theme, I can't help but think that too was a Perrey & Kingsley composition.
[/quote]

I believe the announcer for  that season of Sports Challenge was the late Art James, whom, IIRC, introduced the show as "The Olympia Sports Challenge."

I'd noticed the name "Kathleen Sullivan," in the credits, and wondered if it is the same woman who worked as an occassional sub on Good Morning America, and later CBS This Morning.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Very temporary themes
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'256211\' date=\'Feb 2 2011, 12:42 PM\']I believe the announcer for  that season of Sports Challenge was the late Art James, whom, IIRC, introduced the show as "The Olympia Sports Challenge."[/quote]

I believe you are correct on Art James as announcer. Certainly correct on "Olympia Sports Challenge"----as a frequent watcher of the show when I had ESPNC, I always wondered what was up with that. Oh well, that's another question for another thread.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.