Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Wheel" guest announcer update  (Read 4702 times)

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
"Wheel" guest announcer update
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
Just ran into a newly-created Facebook page for Joe Cipriano, where he mentions he'll be guest-announcing on Wheel.

With him being one of the more versatile voice men in LA, I can see him being a good fit.

ETA: It appears he's using this page just for "Wheel" news; he's got at least another public page on FB.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:06:11 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
This would be the second game show where he isn't relegated to post-production announcing duties, the first of which was "Pictionary" w/ Alan Thicke.

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »
I hope I'm not premature in disclosing this but it's my understanding they've given the job to Jim Thornton.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »
I hope I'm not premature in disclosing this but it's my understanding they've given the job to Jim Thornton.

If this is true, then sweet. I thought from the first episode that he was a perfect fit.
Bobby Peacock

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »
Jim Thornton strikes me as what Rich Fields would probably sound like if he didn't suck.  I also have to remind myself while he's announcing that he isn't Charlie.

Congratulations to Jim, and props to Wheel for getting this right.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »
Am I the only one who hears a little bit of Jack Clark in Thornton?

J.R.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 11:57:18 PM »
I'd like to add in my vote of confidence to Jim Thornton as well. I've been very impressed with his work so far, he will make a fine successor.
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »
When I listen to Jim I hear Rich with better enunciation, with a slight hint of Jack Clark. But, he sounds like a good fit for the show.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

rialtus

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 12:45:38 AM »
When I listen to Jim I hear Rich with better enunciation, with a slight hint of Jack Clark. But, he sounds like a good fit for the show.
When I listen to Jim Thorton, I just figure he's talking about his friends at Mesa Garage Doors again. *shrug*

Twentington

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »
Wow, Joe really has 20+ years in the biz? And yet he sounds like a marginally less sucky Daniel Rosen? Color me unimpressed.
Bobby Peacock

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 11:26:01 AM »
Wow, Joe really has 20+ years in the biz? And yet he sounds like a marginally less sucky Daniel Rosen? Color me unimpressed.

I'm sure his lucrative longevity at FOX doesn't care about your opinion. I haven't heard him on Wheel, but I've always liked him.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
To each his or her own but I disagree. A lot. Even on shows I couldn't stand (primetime D/ND), he still held his own IMO.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
Yeah, all those various companies that hired him since 1990? They're wrong, not you.
Travis L. Eberle

Jamey Greek

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
I heard from about.com that a guy that we haven't heard from in the game show biz is supposed to announce next week.  *drumroll please*  

John Cramer!

Twentington

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
Yeah, all those various companies that hired him since 1990? They're wrong, not you.

I never even implied that I was "right". Clearly there are plenty of people who like him if he's found so many jobs, so they must be the ones who are "right". That doesn't mean I can't say "wow, does he ever suck". I'm sure that there's someone who thought that Gene Wood sucked.

John Cramer!

I'm surprised that this name didn't come up sooner, considering he announced just about everything Sony put out in the past 15 years. In fact, well before Charlie died, I half-expected them just to make John Cramer his successor. (But, as I said earlier, I'm hoping the rumors about Jim Thornton are true.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:29:53 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock