Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Turned away at TPIR?  (Read 1490 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Turned away at TPIR?
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
Ran across this on Facebook a few mins ago.  Anyone here ever use tickets from OCA, to get into a TPIR Taping?  Were you turned away?

Snip of OCA's Facebook Status
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:45:25 PM by mparrish11 »
--Matt

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Turned away at TPIR?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
I thought you could only get tix through CBS @ CBS-TPIR Tickets Page

Am I correct?
--Matt

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Turned away at TPIR?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
I thought you could only get tix through CBS @ CBS-TPIR Tickets Page

Am I correct?

My understanding (having been there and heard from a page firsthand) is that OCA tickets for Price are treated as standby tickets--which means that ticket holders with official CBS tickets get priority when it comes to admission/seating. Once they're in, THEN the OCA people are let in.

At the taping I attended 3 1/2 years ago, OCA holders stood with standby holders.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Mr. Brown

Turned away at TPIR?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
My understanding (having been there and heard from a page firsthand) is that OCA tickets for Price are treated as standby tickets--which means that ticket holders with official CBS tickets get priority when it comes to admission/seating. Once they're in, THEN the OCA people are let in.

I've been under the impression that OCA and other 3rd party tickets are "guaranteed" nowadays, but you get the worst seating possible (behind the announcer's podium, way in the back, etc.), while CBS tickets get the best seating possible, but they're not necessarily guaranteed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:37:07 PM by Mr. Brown »
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen