Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unreleased Imagination game show DVD game titles  (Read 2794 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Unreleased Imagination game show DVD game titles
« on: February 23, 2011, 08:37:15 PM »
This afternoon, I received Imagination's Ultimate DVD Game Collection after redeeming quite a few Oodles at GSN's web site.  The collection itself has 4 titles which were never sold individually--Beat the Clock (a mix of trivia and stunts for $1,000,000; how authentic), To Tell the Truth (packaging has some screengrabs from the O'Hurley version), Family Feud Movie Edition, and In Order to Win, which looks similar to The Family Channel's interactive game Shuffle.  On the reverse of the BtC and TTTT cases, there are mentions to look for other classic game show titles--Double Dare, What's My Line?, Tattletales, and Play Your Hunch.  Apparently Imagination had some very lofty goals, at least before most of their titles hit the clearance bin and stores like Big Lots...

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »
I've always wondered about what actually found their way into that box set. In Order to Win was adopted for play on the GSN Radio program co-produced by Imagination. And when you say Double Dare, is that Trebek or Summers, assuming they put a logo instead of text? (Interesting, either way.)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
Also interesting is that the promotional material -- including the current Amazon listing -- says that What's My Line? is included in the set! The original plan, or at least what they told Public Relations, included WML? and did not include LMAD.

Still pretty amazing that their home versions of two legendary game shows are only available in the box set.  And yeah, those unreleased titles!  How wild that would have been.  Strangely, that's the second time Tattletales was specifically planned as a home game and went unreleased.

Logo or not, I'm thinking that their Double Dare was the Goodson quizzer, since all those others were also classic G-T games.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
I've always wondered about what actually found their way into that box set. In Order to Win was adopted for play on the GSN Radio program co-produced by Imagination. And when you say Double Dare, is that Trebek or Summers, assuming they put a logo instead of text? (Interesting, either way.)

Here's the back of the Beat the Clock case with a very nondescript logo for Double Dare.  I'm with Matt that it would've been the G-T show since most of the games are Fremantle properties.  I think what is more interesting is that they chose to go with Play Your Hunch, a title which hasn't been on the air in almost a half century, one which doesn't have the name recognition of more recent shows like Card Sharks.

Bob Zager

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »
Since I'd already had most of the titles from the set, I was hoping for sometime to find BtC and TTTT available individually.  It's been quite sometime now, and I might buy the set, since those titles seem to be exclusively available that way.

In addition to those titles, Imagination Games also had been working on a DVD game based on the American version of Temptation--The New SotC, complete with remote buzzers.  Here is a link to a prototype box, from IG's myspace.com page:

http://www.slide.com/s/6fbzJXOB7j_eD9Emp65wdBd9QALh8E-H

Although a few of IG's most popular titles are still on some store shelves, it looks, to me at least, that the DVD game trend is pretty much over--with the exception of the popular Scene It game line.