Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I need help IDing an episode of TPIR  (Read 1692 times)

JepMasta

I need help IDing an episode of TPIR
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »
Hey guys, I need some help finding the airdate of an episode of The Price is Right.  When I was a little kid, I had this tape of 80s game shows that I watched constantly.  One of the shows was an episode of The Price is Right.  What has annoyed me since I was a little kid was that the tape cut off right before the reveal of the winner of the Showcase round, and I would like to know that.

Here's what I know for sure:  It is from the 1986-87 season since I remember Bob Barker at one point saying "I've only been doing show show 14 years."  It had Kyle Meriweather filling in for Holly as a model.  And I remember the games it had were (in no order) Clock Game, Check-Out, Ten Chances, Poker Game, Five Price Tags, and I can't recall the sixth.  The two things I remember more than anything were that Bob messed up the Clock Game by grabbing the wrong price, then making a joke about how he was losing his mind.  Also both of the women who made it to the showcase round were named Patricia, which made things a bit confusing.

Anyway, if you can give me some help for this, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you in advance,

Brian~

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
This is episode #6244D from October 30, 1986.  The full lineup is Five Price Tags, Clock Game, Poker Game, Double Prices, Check-Out, Ten Chances.  I've lost track of where I've gotten various game lineups from over the years, but I think most of the ones from that period came from people's tape collections, so there's a decent chance someone online has it recorded and would be able to look up who won the Showcase.  I'll start a thread on G-R to see if anyone who's only a member there has it.

JepMasta

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:35:33 PM »
Thank you so much for the info Steve, I greatly appreciate it.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 04:18:04 AM »
The two things I remember more than anything were that Bob messed up the Clock Game by grabbing the wrong price, then making a joke about how he was losing his mind.
A forerunner for things to come!  Did he give 'em the prize?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JepMasta

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »
The two things I remember more than anything were that Bob messed up the Clock Game by grabbing the wrong price, then making a joke about how he was losing his mind.
No, he actually made a great joke about it and ad-libbed like a pro.  He said something like "You know...I am genuinely concerned about this...let's just forget that game!...*sigh* get my doctor on the phone, will you please?"  But the girl wound up winning

The Pyramids

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
No, he actually made a great joke about it and ad-libbed like a pro.  

Or he ad-libbed like the pro he was.