Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scrabble on TV  (Read 1380 times)

Scrabble Fan

Scrabble on TV
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
Does anyone remember the TV show scrabble which was on the air on NBC in the 80s?  Anyone got a copy of the old episodes?  i'm looking for a few episodes of their Teen Tournament from 1985 and 1986 for my brother-in-law's 40th birthday party.  he was just a kid when he was on the show, so it would be really awesome to get this for him.  I can't find it anywhere though and NBC is being totally unhelpful...

If you can help at all please let me know via email.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:10:48 PM by chris319 »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Scrabble on TV
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »
First of all: approves.

Second of all, you can't really offer cash to people who have the episodes you're looking for. That would constitute the sale of someone else's copyrighted work, and it's generally a bunch of nastiness.

A lot of people on this board have tape collections (quite a few of them have thousands of tapes, actually). If anyone here is inclined to help you, they'll let you know they have the episode, and you can work it out with them from there.

Welcome to the board, and good luck finding your episodes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:11:02 PM by chris319 »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Scrabble on TV
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
I have deleted the mention of a cash reward and your email address. Anyone who has these episodes can contact you at the valid email address you provided when you signed up.