Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A TPIR "what if"  (Read 5206 times)

knagl

• Executive Producer
A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
Liz: Well our Next Contestant is Dava Betts, Come On Down, Your Next Contestant on The Price is Right!
"Your" = Something that is yours.  Your books.  Your house.  Your grammar mistakes.

"You're" = "You are."  You're doing it wrong.  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right.

I'm from the midwest.  Randy who?
Randy West, a great announcer and a great guy.  He's a member of our very forum, too.  Did you ever watch Supermarket Sweep?  He was the one doing the voice-over work for the show.  ("There goes Betty grabbing some of those Butterball turkeys -- you know she's going to get her limit of five!")  He's also filled in on The Price is Right, and was the announcer for the Las Vegas "The Price Is Right LIVE!" stage show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_West
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:06:39 PM by knagl »

Kevin Prather

A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »
I'm from the midwest.  Randy who?
Randy West, a great announcer and a great guy.  He's a member of our very forum, too.  Did you ever watch Supermarket Sweep?  He was the one doing the voice-over work for the show.  ("There goes Betty grabbing some of those Butterball turkeys -- you know she's going to get her limit of five!")  He's also filled in on The Price is Right, and was the announcer for the Las Vegas "The Price Is Right LIVE!" stage show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_West
Knagl, have you met Mr. Dale Grass?

knagl

• Executive Producer
A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »
Nosir.  Was that an inside joke that I missed or something?

Jamey Greek

A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
I also heard from David Hammond that Dean Goss was selected to be Johnny O's successor but Monty was grooming him to take over TANLMAD as host.  When he retired.  But Telepictures said no.  So he was forced to turn it down and I was thinking today, that if Dean actually did take the job, I am sure he would retire around the same time Bob did.  Because I can't see Drew and Dean work together.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »
No, just Dale being Dale.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

vtown7

A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 10:30:21 PM »
Liz: Well our Next Contestant is Dava Betts, Come On Down, Your Next Contestant on The Price is Right!
"Your" = Something that is yours.  Your books.  Your house.  Your grammar mistakes.

Things you own?

dale_grass

A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 11:19:56 PM »
No, just Dale being Dale.
Couldn't help myself.  Just messin' with the new guy.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:20:31 PM by dale_grass »

knagl

• Executive Producer
A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 01:08:20 AM »

ITSBRY

A TPIR "what if"
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »
[*Randy probably would've stayed, since I hear he's a pretty funny guy. :D

I'll second that... met Randy West about 7 years ago when he was still with Supermarket Sweep and he generously gave us a tour of NBC and treated us to several impressions, most notably Johnny Olson.

I've witnessed that impression as well...along with one of Rod. Spooky how spot on they are.