Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Returning Families  (Read 2606 times)

mathwhiz

Family Feud Returning Families
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »
While it took me a few weeks to get used to Steve hosting Family Feud - I have come to really like his hosting style and this season of Family Feud.  One thing that really bugs me though is the lack of returning families.  I know they come back on the next show, but more often than not, the family will just be gone before they are defeated or complete their 5 game winning streak.  For example, just saw a family win 3 games and then they are gone.  No explanation or anything, just 2 new teams on the next show.  Past seasons it was easy to follow families until they won their 5 games or were defeated.  Now, families very seldom span weeks and sometimes don't even finish the week.  Does this bug anyone else or does anyone have an explanation for the seemingly randomness of family runs this season?

Thanks!

Rich

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
I would have to venture that your station just isn't showing the episodes in order.

CJBojangles

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »
Are you watching back-to-back (double run) episodes?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:36:38 AM by CJBojangles »

golden-road

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 12:58:36 AM »
Doesn't matter if it's single or double runs; they run episodes out of order.

Allstar87

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 02:24:41 AM »
I agree; it is rather annoying. I wish I knew what made them go with such a random airing system.

I've been keeping track of what episodes air each day, and I can give an example of how bad it is; one family's first appearance was the double-run of Nov. 23...their second appearance was the single-run of Nov. 26...and their third and final appearance was the single-run of Nov. 15, over a week before either one of the others. If you saw that one first, you already know how the others will go.

golden-road

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 02:35:44 AM »
I've been keeping track of what episodes air each day.

Wish you could help me; been trying to do the same thing.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:46:10 AM »
Then what's the point of airing Family Feud like that if you can't keep track of the families' progress throughout its run.  If you're gonna have returning champs, might as well run them in the order in which they played their games, not scattering them out like that.  Randomness is one thing, but doing it with returning champs just rubs ne the wrong way like that.  Either 1) run the shows in order or 2) ditch the returning champs rule if you're gonna go out of order like that.

Allstar87

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 05:03:11 AM »
I've been keeping track of what episodes air each day.

Wish you could help me; been trying to do the same thing.

I'll be glad to share the episode guide I made; just shoot me an email and I'll send you a copy. :)

Don Howard

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 07:49:11 AM »
Big dumb stupids. If they can't run the episodes in order for whatever ding-dong reason they pull from they butts, dump the returning champion idea.
When the bastardized version of Temptation ran a few years ago, even though the shows didn't play in taped order all the time, at least they didn't go breaking up championship runs.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:48:29 AM by Don Howard »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Big dumb stupids. If they can't run the episodes in order for whatever ding-dong reason they pull from they butts, dump the returning champion idea.

Agreed.  Maybe they figure with today's short attention spans that nobody would ever notice.  It's not like the old days where (mostly) housewives would watch every day and dutifully play along.  Does anybody (besides us) pay much attention to this kind of stuff anymore?

But RUN THE DAMN SHOWS IN ORDER...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

mathwhiz

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
I have listings of how the episodes ran for most Syndicated Game shows for the past several seasons.  I use them to keep track of if I've seen so I know when the shows are reruns.  If anyone wants any of them, let me know as well.  This isn't a real official episode guide, but just the episodes as they aired on my local stations.  I don't keep track of lots of information, but enough to let me know if I have seen it or not.

Rich

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
in a similar annoying move, Millionaire doesn't show episodes in order either.  Watching flows a little better on this show, but it's a bit annoying when all the big winners just happen to play in November, February and May.

I totally get why they would do this, but I'd be willing to bet their ratings don't increase week-over-week enough anyway to justify the move.  It also allows for those that only casually watch to not bother so much during other months.

Makes it a little less exciting when "it can happen anytime" just isn't true.