Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 24 Hour Panel People  (Read 2319 times)

TravisP

24 Hour Panel People
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:58:21 AM »
Comic Relief is a telephon shown by the BBC every two years on rotation with Sport Relief with all donations helping out deprivied famillies in the UK and in Africa. Previous years have had the Little Britian comedian, David Walliams swimming the channel and riding a bicycle from John o'Groats to Lands End. This year, he is doing some more extreme. From Noon today (Saturday) to Noon tomorrow (Saturday) he will be working on a 24 hour marathon of panel shows. The panel shows that will be featured will be a mix of current ones (Would I Lie to You?, Have I Got News For You, Celebrity Juice) and some old ones (What's My Line, Blankety Blank/Match Game, Whose Line Is It Anyway). Although it states panel shows, they are bending the rules and including shows such as Give Us a Clue and The Generation Game.

It has been announced yesterday that the 24 hour marathon will be available for non UK residents via the BBC website.

The live stream can be seen here from Noon today (7am EST, 4am PST).
http://bbc.in/24hrpanel

The schedule for the marathon is here. Simply minus 5 hours for EST and 8 hours for PST.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/rednoseday/24hourpanelpeople/schedule.shtml

What Comic Relief actually is can be read here.
http://www.comicrelief.com/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:31:37 AM by TravisP »

vtown7

24 Hour Panel People
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »
Very enjoyable and worth the watch folks!  Just got through 8 out of 10 cats.  Some highlights include Blankety Blank at 1850 UK time, and Whose Line Is It Anyway (with Clive Anderson, Josie Lawrence and Tony Slattery!) at 0925 UK Sunday morning.

Also you can donate if you so choose through the normal channels - follow the links on the live stream page.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:01:33 AM by vtown7 »

tpirfan28

24 Hour Panel People
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »
Very enjoyable and worth the watch folks!  Just got through 8 out of 10 cats.  Some highlights include Blankety Blank at 1850 UK time, and Whose Line Is It Anyway (with Clive Anderson, Josie Lawrence and Tony Slattery!) at 0925 UK Sunday morning.

Also you can donate if you so choose through the normal channels - follow the links on the live stream page.
If my time zone conversion is correct, Blankety Blank at 3:50P Eastern, Whose Line at 4:25A Eastern.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tpirfan28

24 Hour Panel People
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »
They're running Blankety Blank right now, and it's a doozy.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

TravisP

24 Hour Panel People
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
They're running Blankety Blank right now, and it's a doozy.

We have just watched it in the household. I haven't laughed so much in ages. Paul O'Grady can be blue off camera so doing this is nothing to him.

TravisP

24 Hour Panel People
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 05:17:53 AM »
Anybody awake right now on the East Coast (5.17am) then Whose Line is live right now. They're currently running late.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:28:57 AM by TravisP »