Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame  (Read 4268 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

JepMasta

Drew Carey to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »
And yet...Andy Kaufman hasn't gotten in......*sigh*

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
You are placing WAY too much value on this "honor." :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
You are placing WAY too much value on this "honor." :)
Maybe so, but it IS a little weird to give the pseudo-prize to Drew, who, as I recall, wasn't even advertised for his appearance at that Rumble and disappeared forever after. Why not give it to celebrities who have actually had stronger connections to pro wrestling, like Joe Garagiola (original commentator for Wrestling at the Chase), David Letterman (who, granted, wouldn't show up for the ceremony), the afore-mentioned Andy Kaufman, Mr. T, Lawrence Taylor, or even Bill Cullen, who for 30 years commuted to Florida, disguised his voice slightly, and called play-by-play under the assumed name of Gordon Solie.

clemon79

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 05:25:46 PM »
Again: FAR too seriously. That said:
or even Bill Cullen, who for 30 years commuted to Florida, disguised his voice slightly, and called play-by-play under the assumed name of Gordon Solie.
I giggl'd.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:26:05 PM by clemon79 »

joker316

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »
Again: FAR too seriously. That said:
or even Bill Cullen, who for 30 years commuted to Florida, disguised his voice slightly, and called play-by-play under the assumed name of Gordon Solie.
I giggl'd.
Me too!
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

JepMasta

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
I didn't say that I was deeply disappointed in it...I was just making a joke that's all.  But, Kaufman needs in, 'nuff said.  To be fair though, this year's HOF field looks pretty good.  Shawn Michaels, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "Bullet" Bob Armstrong...and the always lovely Sunny (who I saw recently...she still looks VERY good.)  Heck, I have tickets to WMXXVII and I will be there in Hotlanta...I can't wait.

B~

Johnissoevil

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
I always referred to Carey's participation in the Rumble this way: "Drew came on down long before he even thought of hosting TPIR."
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
But, Kaufman needs in, 'nuff said.
Again...aw, screw it.

J.R.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 12:41:11 AM »
Rolf needs to be in too.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 01:39:51 AM »
Rolf needs to be in too.
Yes, but that's really true of any HoF. They are all improved with a hot Rolf injection. :)

Jeremy Nelson

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

NickS

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 01:22:07 PM »
Barker's inducting Drew.
http://www.examiner.com/pro-wrestling-in-chicago/wwe-bob-barker-to-induct-drew-carey-into-wwe-hall-of-fame

Can I suggest if you're going to get wrestling dirt that you go to to either the pop-up heavy-PWInsider or F4Online?  More than likely, this kid got it from them... and until I did some more Googling I was going to call shenanigans.  I'd rather you use your clicks on them instead of the Examiner.

chad1m

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »
Can I suggest if you're going to get wrestling dirt that you go to to either the pop-up heavy-PWInsider or F4Online?
I've got an Elite subscription to PWInsider. It's been mentioned before that the word they've gotten is that they would like Barker to induct him, but nothing has been posted for certain yet.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »
Barker's inducting Drew.
http://www.examiner.com/pro-wrestling-in-chicago/wwe-bob-barker-to-induct-drew-carey-into-wwe-hall-of-fame

Can I suggest if you're going to get wrestling dirt that you go to to either the pop-up heavy-PWInsider or F4Online?  More than likely, this kid got it from them... and until I did some more Googling I was going to call shenanigans.  I'd rather you use your clicks on them instead of the Examiner.
I'm nowhere near as versed in the wrestling world as I am the game show world....so thanks for the heads up

Kane inducted Drew. Drew came out to the Cash en Carlo theme song (i.e. the Dutch version of The Price is Right).
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.