Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vanna For A Day......NOT!  (Read 2506 times)

Don Howard

Vanna For A Day......NOT!
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »
All the build-up and hype toward this girl being taken from humble obscurity so she can live the Cinderella dream of being Vanna For A Day and she gets one segment, a pose and a line or two during host-chat and that's it? That's IT?!? Shame!

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:50:34 AM »
I thought the same thing. Though, she was treated to the full experience with make-up, rehearsal, etc...

But, the way they advertised it made it sound like she'd be doing the whole show.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:51:31 PM »
Yeah, I did expect her to do the entire show- I'm sure she's happy she got the "star for a day" treatment, but it had to be a little bit of a letdown to only be on TV for all of 6 minutes. They should have given her the whole show; it's not like she was taking over for a week.

But, the way they advertised it made it sound like she'd be doing the whole show.
I agree, but I'm guessing they didn't make light of it because they would have sounded "cheap" if they brought that stipulation to the forefront.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:19:42 PM »
I had to work late so I missed this. But I see I didn't miss all that much if she wasn't there for the entire show.

William_S.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »
When was this? I didn't see it on tonight's show.
Well that was a load of crock! Reminds me of some other contests that ended in utter disappointment. (I'm looking at you Trix)
I mean why put up a contest for a person to be on a show just to say "[explicit deleted] ,you can go home now!!" What's the point?
One thing comes to mind:

/ I'd hate to see what Pat Sajak for a day would be like...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:52:31 PM by William_S. »

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:04:03 PM »

I'd imagine it'd be about the same as any of Rolf's episodes.
Bobby Peacock

rockinricky

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
Thanks for the info. I didn't get to see it because Wheel airs on my local CBS affiliate, and they either didn't show it at all or they played it in the wee hours of the night. Thank You NCAA!

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 10:40:03 AM »

I'd imagine it'd be about the same as any of Rolf's episodes.
A monkey could do what Pat does
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »
Bobby Peacock

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
Technically, a chimp, but still...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:31:10 PM by cmjb13 »

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
They should have given her the whole show; it's not like she was taking over for a week.
If it truly was 'Vanna For A Day', not only should she have taken over for a week, she should have gotten some random Tuesday in June as well.