Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to get higher ratings for TPIR  (Read 1448 times)

mmb5

How to get higher ratings for TPIR
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »
Start counting hospitals.  In wandering around today, I saw no fewer than three lounges and several patient rooms airing the show.  I observed no other show being watched.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »
It would do well for GSN as well--after visiting my grandmother in a nursing home for the first time, I said I would probably love it there, lots of pudding and game shows on every TV!!!

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »
For me, having less commercial time and more GAME time would bring me back to watching.  Some seem to love Drew, some seem to hate him, I rather enjoy him for the most part.  There were days when Barker would grate on my nerves too.  Comparitively speaking, Drew's still a "babe in the woods" after 4 years on the show.  I would love to see more time available for more involved games to be played.  Now they play 3 or 4 quicky games, and most of the quicky games are for just 1 prize anymore.  

Another would be to bring back pricing games that require some thinking & strategy (Hit Me, Mystery Price, Super Saver, Give or Keep, Check Game) just to name a few.  

With budgets being as they are, and so many forced losses it seems, the show is rather unbearable to endure for very long.  I'm almost to the point that I'd rather the show save money and air just 2 new episodes per week (Monday & Friday) and show reruns the other 3 days...