Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IGAS  (Read 955 times)

ClockGameJohn

IGAS
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »
Longshot, I'm sure...but here goes:

I don't profess to know too much about I've Got a Secret and certainly don't know much about the many incarnations of such, but I was just randomly informed that my Grandfather's sister was apparently on the program sometime in the 50's or 60's.

Her name was Viola Hall from Jackson, MS.  My father believes her secret was that she traveled to Europe, became a grandmother, and (something else) all in one year.

I've checked the few IGAS episode guides that I can find online but no success, at least on the surface.  While finding the episode would be the ultimate gift for my father, at least if some of our resident GSN experts could tell me how much of that portion of the run has re-aired, it would be a good start.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt Ottinger

IGAS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »
By far, the best online database for regular contestants on IGAS is this one, and I don't find anything close to your description for anyone named 'Viola' or 'Hall'.  Also, "sometime in the 50's or 60's" is, unfortunately, not going to be super helpful either, since that's essentially the entire run of the series.

A significant number of original IGAS episodes are in collectors hands, probably about seventy to eighty percent of the 700 or so episodes.  Still, without more to go on (the celeb guest is always a huge help), you'll just have to hope that it rings a bell with someone.  Unfortunately, it doesn't with me.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ClockGameJohn

IGAS
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »
Thanks Matt.  I searched that database as well.  I realize the date range is extremely vague, although it rules out the syndicated versions.  :)

As I said, it's most likely a very long shot, but I guess now it's going to be a big challenge for me to see if I can actually uncover something.  I know we have people with very meticulous records of Price that aren't actually accessible online, but some of the most passionate fans are able to help others find things like this.  I hate just to give up, so I guess I know what I'll be doing the next few decades.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:24:53 AM by ClockGameJohn »

Matt Ottinger

IGAS
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »
As I said, it's most likely a very long shot, but I guess now it's going to be a big challenge for me to see if I can actually uncover something.  I know we have people with very meticulous records of Price that aren't actually accessible online, but some of the most passionate fans are able to help others find things like this.  I hate just to give up, so I guess I know what I'll be doing the next few decades.
Well, I know I have episodes that the guy doesn't list in his database, so if I ever get lucky and stumble across it, I'll let you know.  I have my episodes meticulously organized by many criteria (date, panel, guest stars), but I haven't gone to the trouble of identifying each civilian contestant.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.