Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's make a deal Live  (Read 3783 times)

cmjb13

Let's make a deal Live
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:43:33 AM »
Let's make a Deal live comes to Bally's Palace theater in Atlantic City (5/14-6/22). Hosted by Alan Thicke

Details here

Will not be attending as I did not enjoy the show at Foxwoods. I wonder if Matt is announcing or he took a trip up to Canada with Joey.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
I did not enjoy the show at Foxwoods.
I will second this. Other than Matt's announcing, which was great, the show did not have a fun atmosphere.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

whewfan

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »
I can't really see Alan Thicke as a "big dealer" type. I thought he was decent enough on Pictionary (just too helpful to the contestants)but an audience participation show... I just don't see it.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »
What was missing from the live version of LMAD that made it less fun?

cmjb13

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »
What was missing from the live version of LMAD that made it less fun?
For me, Joey was not a very good host. No energy at all. The format just didn't seem to translate well.

When I saw the Price stage show recently with Joey, I figured I would find out if the problem was the format or the host. Joey didn't seem energetic on Price, so it's more the host (though I thought Deal was a weaker format)

I thought the Feud & Price stage shows were much better.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:02:36 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 07:34:02 AM »
Well, the set for Feud looked awesome, as I recall. ;)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dale_grass

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
Well, the set for Feud looked awesome, as I recall. ;)

Except that the board is upside down, which is unsettling to see.

bwood

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
It definitely is disproportionate to the original version but still looked pretty sweet (lights seemed REALLY bright though). I wonder if they made it like that for staging reasons.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:52:37 PM by bwood »

dale_grass

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »
I wonder if they made it like that for staging reasons.

The only thing I could think of for why the family score readouts were swung uptop was for visibility.  Still, it looks just plain weird after 30 years of the original layout.

And yes, those lights are damn bright.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
Did they re-use the Game Show Marathon set for that (albeit painted to the Combs scheme)? That's where that mistake started.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

cmjb13

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »

bwood

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 12:13:48 AM »
Did they re-use the Game Show Marathon set for that (albeit painted to the Combs scheme)? That's where that mistake started.

-Jason

FF Live came a little bit before GSM.

BrandonFG

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 12:45:38 AM »

-Jason

It aired afterwards, but I do wonder when the Marathon taped, compared to when the Live shows were being done. I'm guessing they were both done simultaneously.

Looking at the Marathon now, I'm going to say they are definitely different sets. It looks like that leaned more towards the Dawson set, specifically the baby blue carpet and wooden borders on the family backdrops, compared to the red and gold borders and tan carpet from the Live backdrops.

I do wonder about that game board though...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:46:10 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

bwood

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 01:26:53 AM »
This article from 3-15-06 announced Lake as host. I don't know when the sets were built, how long after the announcement that the shows taped or what kind of time frame they were all taped in (Feud, being the finale, would have been the last to tape). I don't know when Feud Live started, but that thread with the pics was from 4-10-06. So, as far as which board was made first, it would pretty much be FF Live's (so maybe GSM's was based off of those plans). I don't know how long the Live show originally ran, but yeah, chances are they were going at the same time.
I was just killing the theory that Live "re-purposed" the GSM set when (to me) if any "re-purposing" went on it would have to be the other way around (GSM took the board from Live) if Live was done/on hiatus by then. Either that or they borrowed it (if Live was still running when GSM taped, but that seems like a lot of work to transport and change the border and such not counting that if the show was running they need the board) or they built another board. Both boards do look pretty identical....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:11:13 AM by bwood »

tvrandywest

Let's make a deal Live
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 06:50:58 AM »

-Jason

It aired afterwards, but I do wonder when the Marathon taped, compared to when the Live shows were being done. I'm guessing they were both done simultaneously.

Looking at the Marathon now, I'm going to say they are definitely different sets. It looks like that leaned more towards the Dawson set, specifically the baby blue carpet and wooden borders on the family backdrops, compared to the red and gold borders and tan carpet from the Live backdrops.

I do wonder about that game board though...

They are/were entirely different sets.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com