Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...  (Read 5522 times)

alfonzos

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
Today’s episode promotes a Broadway show with an appearance by its stars. I wonder if fans of TPiR would be angry if they knew that money on special guests was money that can’t be spent on giving away prizes.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

MikeK

• Martha!
Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
Today’s episode promotes a Broadway show with an appearance by its stars. I wonder if fans of TPiR would be angry if they knew that money on special guests was money that can’t be spent on offering prizes contestants won't win because Mikey likes days when 1 out of 6 games is won.
FTFY.

Jay Temple

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 11:39:17 PM »
My guess, FWIW, May 20 counts for sweeps.  Memorial Day doesn't.
Not only does Memorial Day not count toward sweeps; it doesn't count on the season at all.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »
I wonder if fans of TPiR would be angry if they knew that money on special guests was money that can’t be spent on giving away prizes.
I may be speaking ex-rectum here, and would appreciate if someone more knowledgeable would chime in.  That said, I imagine there are two separate budgets for "prizes" and "talent", which I think that Broadway stars would fall under.

That's (again) another assumption--that the show paid them.  For all you or I know, they paid the show to make the appearance.  Are you one of the "angry" fans?

/Matt Ottinger is flat-chested.
//But not a bimbo.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve Gavazzi

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:08 PM »
I don't know that money for special guests comes out of the prize budget.  Then again, I don't really know what it does come out of, either -- this isn't something they used to do a whole lot of.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »
I don't know that money for special guests comes out of the prize budget.  Then again, I don't really know what it does come out of, either -- this isn't something they used to do a whole lot of.
It comes out of the above-the-line budget along with announcers, models and perhaps but not certainly, Drew.

mmb5

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »
Any chance that in the time honored tradition of game shows, the producers of Rain paid to be on TPIR that day?  Or at least free.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

JayDLewis

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »
I was wondering about music rights...did they have to pay for every snippet of Beatles music? 'Cause, if so, that would have to be crazy expensive.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

toddyo

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »
Not really. It depends on the arrangement with EMI or Harry Fox agency. It also could have been tied into the "prizes in exchange for promotional purposes".

Steve Gavazzi

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
I was wondering about music rights...did they have to pay for every snippet of Beatles music? 'Cause, if so, that would have to be crazy expensive.
Funny coincidence:  Jason Antoniewicz and I were discussing this last night, and right in the middle of the conversation, Ferguson comes on and says he was "Livin' la Vida Loca.  At least that's what we were listening to during the commercial.  We can't play it once we come on the air, becaues then we'd have to pay for it, and CBS doesn't like to do that."

Mr. Armadillo

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 02:16:28 PM »
It comes out of the above-the-line budget along with announcers, models and perhaps but not certainly, Drew.
Could that help explain the two-model days we've been seeing recently?

alfonzos

Tomorrow's (5/3) TPiR...
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »
About the Monday, 5/16 episode of TPiR:I found out why Drew doesn't reveal the first digit on Temptation. He keeps forgetting that he reveals the correct digits himself!
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos