Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's That Song on WOF  (Read 1959 times)

brianhenke

What's That Song on WOF
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:20:50 AM »
Earlier this year, Sony announced that WOF would have a new category called What's That Song?, where a contestant could win more money by correctly guessing what song the lyrics in the puzzle is from.

After several playings, What's That Song? has seemingly gone the way of Megaword. Has Harry decided to retire the category, or is it on hiatus and will be played in the last few weeks of the season or the first weeks of next season? (Remember, Best Seller hadn't been seen in several years until it was a category a couple of weeks ago.)

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

ClockGameJohn

What's That Song on WOF
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »
Had it on my show.  "Jingle Bells" was worth the $3,000 I needed to win the game; I found the category to be a worthy addition to the show!  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:36:59 AM by ClockGameJohn »

brianhenke

What's That Song on WOF
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
Had it on my show.  "Jingle Bells" was worth the $3,000 I needed to win the game; I found the category to be a worthy addition to the show!  :)

It appears (from Jim Pettis' site) that your game on Dec. 21 was the last time What's That Song? was a puzzle category.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
What's That Song on WOF
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »
It appears (from Jim Pettis' site) that your game on Dec. 21 was the last time What's That Song? was a puzzle category.

Actually, February 8 was its last use. Overall, it was used only four times.

So yeah, it looks like we have at least our fifth category to last less than a full season. Or maybe seventh, because I'm not sure exactly how long Foreign Word and Foreign Phrase lasted. (The others? Megaword, Show/Song, Composer/Song and What Are We Making? Those latter three were only used ONCE.)

I'm also assuming that Rock On! is gone because of Charlie's death?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:00:48 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

xavier45

What's That Song on WOF
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »
So yeah, it looks like we have at least our fifth category to last less than a full season. Or maybe seventh, because I'm not sure exactly how long Foreign Word and Foreign Phrase lasted. (The others? Megaword, Show/Song, Composer/Song and What Are We Making? Those latter three were only used ONCE.)
And "Really Really Long Title" from the '97 April Fool's Day show also lasted just one show.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
What's That Song on WOF
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
And "Really Really Long Title" from the '97 April Fool's Day show also lasted just one show.

I'm not counting that, since it was a one-off. Same thing with "70's Song/Artists" on one of the Retro episodes in 1999.
Bobby Peacock