Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Online net games  (Read 3538 times)

wdm1219inpenna

Online net games
« on: May 13, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »
Even though I am in my mid 40s, married and have a son, I still find it very fun and relaxing to participate on a website courtesy of Big Jon, where one of the message boards allows you to host or be a contestant on a net game show, for fun and entertainment purposes only.  I created a game that I have presided over and it's a great deal of fun for me.  I was wondering if anyone else here ever visits that site, or ever had an interest in "hosting" his or her own net game or participating as a contestant on a net game.  It's rather enjoyable, but takes a bit of patience too.

JayDLewis

Online net games
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
Never.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Online net games
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »
I was wondering if anyone else here ever visits that site, or ever had an interest in "hosting" his or her own net game or participating as a contestant on a net game.  It's rather enjoyable, but takes a bit of patience too.
Um, yeah, we're familiar with BigJon's work.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

RyanCDN

Online net games
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »
Never.

Hmmm, you should consider it, I think you would do an OK job Jay.
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Online net games
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:17:16 PM »
Never.
I agree.  Playing a game show for funsies online is a waste of time.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Online net games
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »
Never.
I agree.  Playing a game show for funsies online is a waste of time.
That's just funny, right there. Well done to all concerned.

(As to the original point, I find little of or about BugJon to be relaxing.)
Travis L. Eberle

rjaguar3

Online net games
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
I was a member of BigJon's site since 2005, and I hosted netgames from July 2006 to the end of June 2009.  I left because I had more pressing matters.  I have not been back since the end of June 2009.

I did enjoy putting together Excel and later 3-D sets to create graphics for my games and other hosts' games.  I did find it fun, but nowadays

Recently, I've been doing live Internet radio game shows hosted by a certain game show fan with whom many people here are familiar.  It's a lot of fun for me, and I really enjoy having an hour of nonstop play, as that is far easier to manage than a net game that can go on and off for months.

wdm1219inpenna

Online net games
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  It's a relaxing hobby in lieu of being able to do the real thing.  Congrats on your radio gig!  I have a face made for radio myself, so that would be something I would no doubt enjoy doing.

I equate the whole net game thing to Fantasy Football, the difference being, with fantasy football, sometimes there's real money at stake.

Thanks as always for the feedback.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
Online net games
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:33:36 PM »
Never.
ROTFL

Been there, done that, wish I had time for more of it.  Wishing the OP best of luck.

--Charlie, former co-host (and occasional celeb), 'net Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour (where I debuted my tag line)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:34:08 PM by GiraffeBoy »
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

davemackey

Online net games
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
Never had an interest in playing those fan-run games, even back in the USENET days. However, I do like some of the game show adaptations on Facebook, but haven't had a lot of time to play of late. The one exception is the "Price is Right" which is just horrible. Beginners get thrown to the wolves - or, the people who have lists of prices stickied all over their monitor frames.

tvmitch

Online net games
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17:09 PM »
No time to do it anymore, just like the tape trading, but I remember playing Pyramid and Password back in the GS-L days (but even then those games were email games)...they were good fun. I think I may have played a round or two of Bullseye and PYL as well.

I especially remember that the Pyramid and Password games frustrated me a great deal. Very fun.
You should follow me on Twitter