Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TPiR Director  (Read 2011 times)

tvrandywest

New TPiR Director
« on: May 21, 2011, 01:16:15 PM »
Wishing Michael every success in the big chair at 33!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jeremy Nelson

New TPiR Director
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:13:15 AM »
Good luck to Michael, but I am definitely going to miss Rich's directing- I think he did a great job.

Strange things seem to be afoot at 33 these days- there seems to be a lot of turnover lately.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Armadillo

New TPiR Director
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
Don't worry...Mike's running out of cronies lackeys people he didn't put there himself.

TonicBH

New TPiR Director
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »
Don't worry...Mike's running out of cronies lackeys people he didn't put there himself.

What's so bad about this, exactly?

Also, the new guy can't be any worse than Bart Eskander. Put that in perspective.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:43:43 AM by TonicBH »
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New TPiR Director
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
What's so bad about naked cronyism being put ahead of competency?

Surely you jest.

(Hrm. Looks like I misread upthread. M'bad.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:02:30 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Mr. Armadillo

New TPiR Director
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »

In and of itself, as stated?  Nothing.  That was just me stating my opinion as to why the turnover in The Bob Barker Studio is probably going to decrease in the near future.

Jeremy Nelson

New TPiR Director
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
Well, that is a bad thing. Not justifying the work that any of the fired people has done, but if they're getting fired just because they aren't Richards' "people", then that's a problem.

Considering that Richards fooled (is still fooling?) around/ dating with one of the models, him getting rid of people for no other reason than they're not "his people" isn't so out of the question to me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:13:32 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.