Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Julann Griffin's "Take Ten"  (Read 6323 times)

geno57

Julann Griffin's "Take Ten"
« on: May 26, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
This was the original (1964-'75) Jeopardy! theme.  I Googled it, and found a few sites purporting to have downloads available ... but all of the links point to .exe files, so obviously these are malware sites.

Anybody know if this music can be heard anywhere?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:29:50 PM »
Anybody know if this music can be heard anywhere?
Yes--somewhat.

Here is a 30-second clip that's been kicking around my computer for a few months. It's the last 30 seconds of Take Ten, mostly in the clear. I believe this came from a very early episode. It's not good quality, but I'm fairly sure this is the longest clip of the theme currently available on the internet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?27cnqa42c6s75dd
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:37:04 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

GrandGame1440

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
What about the tune featured here?

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
Sounds like a recreation remade on a computer. I wonder if it's because no recorded version exist, while maybe the sheet music does? I remember listening to one of those 60s/70s TV theme CDs back in high school, and the "Jeopardy!" theme was actually just the Final Jeopardy music.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:01:31 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
I remember seeing the category in that clip years ago on GSN and being bothered by the fact that the Pyramid clue both included wrong answers and excluded a correct one.  I'd like to know how they'd have handled someone responding with "What is The $25,000 Pyramid?"...would they have decided that it was close enough?  Would anyone have remembered that that was even a valid title?  What if someone had given one of the incorrect 10K or 20K answers and had it accepted?  Could a sufficiently geeky opponent have challenged it?

...yes, I know I'm way overanalysing it because it's Pyramid, but dammit, I'm curious.

GrandGame1440

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:22:15 AM »
Is it ridiculous for me to think Johnny might speak up if he realized that such and error was being made?

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
Is it ridiculous for me to think Johnny might speak up if he realized that such and error was being made?
Probably, yes...the whole scenario is really kind of ridiculous.  I'm just interested in how they'd have handled it if it had come up.

Otm Shank

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:57 PM »
I'd like to know how they'd have handled someone responding with "What is The $25,000 Pyramid?"...would they have decided that it was close enough?  Would anyone have remembered that that was even a valid title?  What if someone had given one of the incorrect 10K or 20K answers and had it accepted?  Could a sufficiently geeky opponent have challenged it?

I think the fact that Trebek is giving the answer without looking down, and rattling off a series of numbers, that it is likely he skipped the (albeit, crucial) $25,000.

As for a challenged response, if I was beaten to the buzzer on that one (hardly likely), and the other contestant used $10,000 or $20,000, I would have lodged a protest in the commercial break. Probably the writers just took all of the series titles and lumped them all in the acceptable group. The example that I would give to show the inconsistency would be All in the Family and Archie Bunker's Place. Even though there is a continuity of a television series in Archie Bunker and Pyramid, in both cases there was a series title change in addition to the reinterpretation of "Those Were the Days" and "Tuning Up." Similar, but different.

As far as Johny Gilbert getting involved in resolving the dispute, they would have also accepted The 25,000 Dollah Pyramid.