Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Harvey Feud to Atlanta  (Read 4677 times)

entguy1

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »
Steve Harvey FF to Atlanta

A few more details from the Atlanta move. On the good side, Harvey won't complain about the long shooting hours since it'll be in his own place. But whenever I hear "green screen," my first thought is "chintzy." What do y'all think?

MikeK

• Martha!
Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
A few more details from the Atlanta move. On the good side, Harvey won't complain about the long shooting hours since it'll be in his own place. But whenever I hear "green screen," my first thought is "chintzy." What do y'all think?
I think you're overreacting.  Harvey's studio is called Green Screen Studio.  I do not see a word in that article stating green screens would be used.

Johnissoevil

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
Wanna know what I think?  As long as it's still the Feud, Steve's still doing a great job, and it's still on the air, then I have no complaints.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

ITSBRY

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »
Wanna know what I think?  As long as it's still the Feud, Steve's still doing a great job, and it's still on the air, then I have no complaints.

I agree...I've never had much interest in the post-Combs versions of FF, but I have been enjoying Steve Harvey in the current version. He's an extremely good fit for the format.

Argo

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »

I agree...I've never had much interest in the post-Combs versions of FF, but I have been enjoying Steve Harvey in the current version. He's an extremely good fit for the format.

My thoughts as well. I can tolerate less and less new shows and remakes, however Harvey's version i think is doing quiet well. I liked the O'Hurley version but the last season of it pushed me away a bit. Still hate how they're editing the theme and using only that one track all the time (when they have so much to choose from), but its nice to hear it at least.

M

TimK2003

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
I can tolerate less and less new shows and remakes, however Harvey's version i think is doing quiet well. I liked the O'Hurley version but the last season of it pushed me away a bit. Still hate how they're editing the theme and using only that one track all the time (when they have so much to choose from), but its nice to hear it at least.

I'm getting to see some Steve Harvey episodes now that our local CBS affiil started carrying it at 9:30am, between 5th Grader & Price.  He's a great fit for the direction that Feud is currently going in.

Jimmy Owen

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »
Steve's going a great job and the show is a good match for the audience available for daytime TV.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:30:08 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mr. Armadillo

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
I think you're overreacting.  Harvey's studio is called Green Screen Studio.  I do not see a word in that article stating green screens would be used.

[quote name='the press release']The 3-sided cyc wall green screen area measures 665 square feet, with an additional open area of 740 square feet, while the rest of the stage area includes a lighting grid with power, sound room and control room....Steve Harvey has hosted a variety of projects at his Green Screen Studio including Family Feud, BET, State Farm, Premiere Radio Networks, and Gospel Music Channel. [/quote]
It states the show has taped in the studio, and that the studio includes a green-screen area.  I don't know whether the show actually used the green screens, but it doesn't specifically state otherwise either.

cmjb13

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
Totally different approach than Bergeron who didn't want to take the Price gig because (among other reasons) he didn't want to force the staff to relocate.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Mr. Armadillo

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »
Price has a considerably different taping schedule than Steve Harvey's Feud.  According to the article, he taped the whole season in Orlando in just a few weeks.  Price, due to several factors, really can't tape more than two shows a day.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:06:43 PM by Mr. Armadillo »

cmjb13

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »
Price has a considerably different taping schedule than Steve Harvey's Feud.  According to the article, he taped the whole season in Orlando in just a few weeks.  Price, due to several factors, really can't tape more than two shows a day.
So, Harvey couldn't commute to Orlando for a few weeks? It's not that bad of a commute.

Still, Bergeron didn't think it was right to have the cast move just for him.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tyshaun1

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »
So, Harvey couldn't commute to Orlando for a few weeks? It's not that bad of a commute.

It wasn't so much that Harvey didn't want to commute, it was that he wanted to drum up business for his new studio. And what a better way to do it than to bring the show he's helped invigorate?

Tyshaun

cmjb13

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »

It wasn't so much that Harvey didn't want to commute, it was that he wanted to drum up business for his new studio. And what a better way to do it than to bring the show he's helped invigorate?

Tyshaun
I also forgot that it's possible Atlanta offered Fremantle a better tax credit than Orlando did.

JMFabiano

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:39 PM »
Will Joey Fatone, you know, do REAL announcements fitting the show's opening now that he can't shill for Universal Studios?  

/He can still "give it up fuh Steve Haaaaaaaaaaaaaarvey" though...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

tvwxman

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »
Will Joey Fatone, you know, do REAL announcements fitting the show's opening now that he can't shill for Universal Studios?  

/He can still "give it up fuh Steve Haaaaaaaaaaaaaarvey" though...
What does Joey have to do with Universal Studios? (The answer is nothing.)

If he has to rerecord an opening, then they'll have him rerecord. It took him a few takes and a little time to knock it out the first time. What's the issue? (Again, the answer is nothing.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"