Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Card Sharks '78 sheet music...  (Read 1602 times)

Bryce L.

Card Sharks '78 sheet music...
« on: June 08, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »
Question for anyone who can help me... as one of my non-game-show hobbies, I occasionally play the piano. I would like to try to learn the theme to the Perry version of Card Sharks. If anyone can help me by providing me with a MIDI copy of the theme (since I have a computer program which can translate the MIDI to standard sheet music), I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you all.

pacdude

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »
Question for anyone who can help me... as one of my non-game-show hobbies, I occasionally play the piano. I would like to try to learn the theme to the Perry version of Card Sharks. If anyone can help me by providing me with a MIDI copy of the theme (since I have a computer program which can translate the MIDI to standard sheet music), I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you all.

That may not exist, sadly. I'd be interested in seeing it too, just to fudge with it in GarageBand.

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »

Thank you all.

That may not exist, sadly. I'd be interested in seeing it too, just to fudge with it in GarageBand.
It's not untranscribable. If you've got a good ear, you can write down the notes, though I think it loses something without the drums and brass instruments. I've created eerily accurate arrangements for 17-piece big bands armed with nothing but the original recording and a computer running a decent notation program.

As with any piece of recorded music, there would have to be at least a "lead sheet" somewhere for copyright purposes. I don't know if Score kept any of their actual arrangements the musicians worked from.

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:25:35 PM »
Not sure, would Mr. Edd Kalehoff himself probably keep lead sheets of his compositions?

As far as transcribing, I have a "tin ear". I DO have a good program for putting the sheet music on the computer (it's called Sibelius 6, FYI)

If I had to guess, I would assume the main portion of the song (the part heard in the show opening) is either in A or B-flat...

Clay Zambo

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
If I had to guess, I would assume the main portion of the song (the part heard in the show opening) is either in A or B-flat...

Close.  G minor.
czambo@mac.com