Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Harvey Feud to Atlanta  (Read 4663 times)

entguy1

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
Will Joey Fatone, you know, do REAL announcements fitting the show's opening now that he can't shill for Universal Studios?  

/He can still "give it up fuh Steve Haaaaaaaaaaaaaarvey" though...

Yeah, that's 10 seconds of strenuous work cut out all year.

Guess I overreacted with the original post. Thanks all.

tvwxman

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Will Joey Fatone, you know, do REAL announcements fitting the show's opening now that he can't shill for Universal Studios?  

Yeah, that's 10 seconds of strenuous work cut out all year.

Guess I overreacted with the original post. Thanks all.
10 seconds of work that paid him very well. We should all be so lucky in our careers.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JMFabiano

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »

What does Joey have to do with Universal Studios? (The answer is nothing.)

If he has to rerecord an opening, then they'll have him rerecord. It took him a few takes and a little time to knock it out the first time. What's the issue? (Again, the answer is nothing.)

Just that I don't think his style is noteworthy (other than being fun to parody), and this is probably just a nit to pick, but I'd rather a more traditional intro than a plug for a theme park.  It just seems really detached from the actual show that way.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »
Just that I don't think his style is noteworthy (other than being fun to parody)
I'm not following...Joey's no Gene Wood but I don't remember him being that awful either. Even if it is pre-recorded, I'm just glad to see a game show keep the tradition of having an announcer.

[A]nd this is probably just a nit to pick, but I'd rather a more traditional intro than a plug for a theme park.  It just seems really detached from the actual show that way.

But it's a national tourist attraction, and in the end, they're trying to let viewers know one more reason to come to Orlando. It's no different than when the two Vegas LMaDs, Las Vegas Gambit, or Caesar's Challenge advertised the Vegas hotels where they taped. All four of those used very prominent shots of the featured hotel in their intros.

And with the exception of the Nick games of the early-90s, just about every other show that taped at Universal featured what looked like the same overhead shot of the park*...Shop Til You Drop and Reel to Reel come to mind, and I may be leaving others off too.

*I'm now wondering if that was the same stock footage even though those two shows were 13-17 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:58:16 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JMFabiano

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »

[A]nd this is probably just a nit to pick, but I'd rather a more traditional intro than a plug for a theme park.  It just seems really detached from the actual show that way.

But it's a national tourist attraction, and in the end, they're trying to let viewers know one more reason to come to Orlando. It's no different than when the two Vegas LMaDs, Las Vegas Gambit, or Caesar's Challenge advertised the Vegas hotels where they taped. All four of those used very prominent shots of the featured hotel in their intros.

A better way of handling that would have been to use a closing announcement again, like what Gene did at the end of the CBS Combs FF episodes where he mentions Television City.  "From Universal Studios in Orlando, FL, this is Joey Fatone speaking for Family Feud, a FremantleMedia production."  But that might just be the traditionalist in me speaking again.

JMFabiano

Harvey Feud to Atlanta
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:52 AM »
Just that I don't think his style is noteworthy (other than being fun to parody)
I'm not following...Joey's no Gene Wood but I don't remember him being that awful either. Even if it is pre-recorded, I'm just glad to see a game show keep the tradition of having an announcer.

There's just certain things he does that lend themselves to parody, like I said.  Not only the aforementioned "give it up" line, but there's something about how he says "Family Feud!" that's kind of odd to me.  No disrespect intended to Joey, but he's just not my cup of tea.