Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Congrats to Jim Thornton  (Read 1763 times)

tvrandywest

Congrats to Jim Thornton
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
No surprise here, as Jim has been the front-runner for quite some time. Apparently they did the deal and the news is official. While Charlie left huge shoes to fill, Jim is a gifted broadcaster and already sounds smooth as silk. Best of luck, buddy!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

bandit_bobby

Congrats to Jim Thornton
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
I figured he'd get the job eventually. Congratulations, Jimmy!

cacLA8383

Congrats to Jim Thornton
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:58:17 PM »
Although it's been "rumored" since February...passing off my congrats to Jim as well.

Johnissoevil

Congrats to Jim Thornton
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »
Congrats, Jim!  I've been impressed with his work as guest announcer, so I'm happy to read this.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Craig Karlberg

Congrats to Jim Thornton
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
Congrats, Jim!  You deserved it.  If anybody can fill Charlie O's shoes, only Jim can.

Stevek83

Congrats to Jim Thornton
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
This is exiting news.

As much as I miss Charlie O'Donnells voice, there's something about Jims voice that is comforting. It's like his voice is saying "everything's going to be alright." (it's hard to explain). He also reminds me of Jack Clark a little bit, which is bonus points for me!

Congrats, Jim Thornton!

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Congrats to Jim Thornton
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »
Very pleased with this. I didn't know he was filling in until I saw his name in the closed captioning on his first episode. I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest of the fill-ins, because he was the only one who seemed to put more than a tiny bit of enthusiasm into his work.
Bobby Peacock