Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Card Sharks Money Cards  (Read 7482 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Card Sharks Money Cards
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »
It's not joker's point, it's Scott's, but dealing them the "Eubanks way" is consistent with the front game. The first card off the top of the deck is the first one you play with. I agree that it doesn't really matter which card is your base card, but it's entirely possible somebody at some time decided it to be a better way.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Kevin Prather

Card Sharks Money Cards
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
The only way I can see it potentially mattering is if there's a concern over the contestant accidentally seeing a card as its dealt. If the first card off is more likely to be flashed, clearly they'd want it to be the first card played, rather than the last card played.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Card Sharks Money Cards
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »
The only way I can see it potentially mattering is if there's a concern over the contestant accidentally seeing a card as its dealt.
a) There are so many ways to avoid having that enter into the equation that it's not even worth considering.

b) If it DID end up being a problem, they need new dealers.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Card Sharks Money Cards
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »
The only way I can see it potentially mattering is if there's a concern over the contestant accidentally seeing a card as its dealt.
a) There are so many ways to avoid having that enter into the equation that it's not even worth considering.

b) If it DID end up being a problem, they need new dealers.
Agreed on both counts. I'm just presenting a possible reason. Truth is, there is probably fark none reason why they did it one way rather than another.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Card Sharks Money Cards
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
Agreed on both counts. I'm just presenting a possible reason.
Oh, for sure. But another *possible* reason is that an emergency wire came from the Queen of England stating that Her Highness had caught wind of the shows revival and that she wanted to point out that she didn't care for the order in which the cards were dealt on the Perry show.

Now, I allow that your suggestion is more "possible" than that, but I'm trying to illustrate that "possible" and "likely enough to merit consideration" are two different things. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe