Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wild "Double Exposure" appeared!  (Read 3078 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Matt Ottinger

Wild "Double Exposure" appeared!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Link here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270774100512
Usual caveats:  "Rare" is not the same as "valuable".  Thre aren't that many people who even care that there's a board game based on Double Exposure, much less want one.  Also, even "rare" doesn't mean what it once did, thanks in large part to Ebay.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:41:45 PM »
I don't know what's odder- the fact the guy thinks he'll get forty bucks for it or the Pokemon reference in the title of the post. (As in oddly unexpected.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
I don't know what's odder- the fact the guy thinks he'll get forty bucks for it or the Pokemon reference in the title of the post. (As in oddly unexpected.)
Things are worth what people are willing to pay.  I have some old TV Guides that sold originally for 15 cents.  Today I feel a dollar a piece is a fair price.  Some people buy them for a lot more.  As far as the Pokemon thing, maybe he's hoping for more search engines to direct traffic to his item.

H-Q went to the hidden picture under the puzzle pieces well at least a couple times more on HR and Battlestars.  They must have liked that concept.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »
You never know.  At the very least, he's hoping to get $15 for it.  It's not like he's grossly overestimating the game's value.  About a year ago, I got the same Place Your Bets game off of eBay for $5.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
You never know.  At the very least, he's hoping to get $15 for it.  It's not like he's grossly overestimating the game's value.  About a year ago, I got the same Place Your Bets game off of eBay for $5.
In the category of "grossly overestimating the value", I'm still liking this.  You'll notice it's been "discounted"!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
You'll notice it's been "discounted"!
Two hundred dollars off? I'll take four!
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »
You missed the clause on our message board about binding contracts.  Your order and my invoice is on the way.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
You missed the clause on our message board about binding contracts.  Your order and my invoice is on the way.
Awesome. I have a stack of Bradley Bucks on my desk just sitting here, waiting to be used in a prototype game, but Bill memorabilia will be fine too. :)
Travis L. Eberle

comicus

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
You'll notice it's been "discounted"!

"Oh, Zoidberg, at last you're becoming a crafty consumer!"

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:40 AM »
In the category of "grossly overestimating the value", I'm still liking this.  You'll notice it's been "discounted"!

But does he encourage you to shop naked?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022