Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Chamber  (Read 5762 times)

BrandonFG

The Chamber
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »
I read an interview Johnny Carson gave in 2002 (his last) that he actually enjoyed watching this, The Chair, and Fear Factor simply because he "delighted in crap."
Makes sense, that must be the same reason why DOND lasted for so long.
Unless I'm missing something, Johnny died 11 months before D/ND premiered in the States.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Chamber
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »
Unless I'm missing something, Johnny died 11 months before D/ND premiered in the States.
I believe this was part of his "DoND is crap!!!" crusade, and he's implying that if there are people who "delight in crap", then that's why there was an audience.

And while none of that is untrue, there's no reason to rehash it every possible time he thinks he can find a way to work it in.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GrandGame1440

The Chamber
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 04:06:42 PM »
Yes, he did.  The quote I mentioned only pertained to the shows I listed.  Not sure where he got DoND from.

BrandonFG

The Chamber
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
Yes, he did.  The quote I mentioned only pertained to the shows I listed.  Not sure where he got DoND from.
Me neither, but I think Chris's explanation sums it up.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!