Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSC:The Next Generation  (Read 2771 times)

catkins522

GSC:The Next Generation
« on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »
Mike Klauss and I have been talking today.  We would like to have a GSC back and with a vengence...well, not vengence, but you will get the clue.

For the newbies, Game Show Convention is a group of friends going to a "home" and talking and more likely playing the home version of game shows.  The meeting is a 3-5 days with special "phone-in" guests and special trips to real live game show events and other things.

First of all, are you interested in coming to the event next summer?

If so, which city is the most interesting in coming?
The choices are:
*New York City
*Los Angeles
*Las Vegas
*Your hometown
*Coast to Coast via Train
*Game Show Convention on the Sea

Which dates are the best you can make it?
*Late May
*Early June
*Late June
*Early July
*Late July
*Early August

Which games would you want to see?
I don't think that "100 Way to Lose a game show" will not make it.

Questions/comments?

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »
I wish you guys would be doing it this year- been meaning to come out to one. But I like the idea.

My vote would be New York City in late June (I don't think you guys would wanna come to NJ).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
I would vote for my hometown and whenever I can get time off from work.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 12:25:06 AM »
I vote for my hometown (Chicago) and early June.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 12:30:02 AM »
Geez, Charles.  I post some pictures of my game room (in progress) and suddenly I'm hosting a GSC.  I just said the idea crossed my mind earlier this week.  This time next year, I will likely be deep into completing my master's, so time for hosting a GSC would be limited.  My house isn't that large but I could possibly fit 10 for activities.  I also have cats, so people with allergies would be out of luck.

It is an idea which has been untouched for at least 7 years and has proven to be successful every time, though we have had our fair share of characters over the years...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
Just going on record, I'd prefer the small intimacy of a one-home convention to the convention center sized congresses. I'd just as soon fly into a hub for a weekend, visit the people there and go home Sunday evening. And I love kitty cats.
Travis L. Eberle

pacdude

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 01:21:55 AM »
Late July or Early August, preferably somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic. These sound like fun.

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »
Geez, Charles.  I post some pictures of my game room (in progress) and suddenly I'm hosting a GSC.  I just said the idea crossed my mind earlier this week.  This time next year, I will likely be deep into completing my master's, so time for hosting a GSC would be limited.  My house isn't that large but I could possibly fit 10 for activities.  I also have cats, so people with allergies would be out of luck.

It is an idea which has been untouched for at least 7 years and has proven to be successful every time, though we have had our fair share of characters over the years...

Getting a large "Penthouse Room" at the local Residence Inn to host the GSC games is was also a nice "setting" for game playing...Until the Rice-A-Roni fights get out of hand.  Surprised we didn't get kicked out of there or the restaurant where we played NTN Trivia.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »
My vote is for mid-to-late August in NY. I would LOVE to go.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

cliffhanger285

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »
I vote for D.C. in late June.

Games:
Anything that doesn't have the words "Minute to Win It" or "Identity" in it.