Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mystery announcer  (Read 3179 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Mystery announcer
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »
So on this summer's Wheel reruns, there's a mystery woman announcing the SPIN ID, Maxwell House and Wheel Deals plugs. Anyone know who it is? It definitely isn't Vanna, and it's not Lora Cain either.
Bobby Peacock

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Mystery announcer
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:26:39 PM »
I don't but I believe they're using two. One sounds like Kelly from the Clue Crew and the other I can't place.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Twentington

Mystery announcer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:37:15 AM »
I've been told via Facebook that it's actuallly Sarah Whitcomb.
Bobby Peacock

PYLdude

Mystery announcer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »
I definitely would agree but I swear there's another voice.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Twentington

Mystery announcer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:52:33 PM »
Same voice again today. Closed captioning just said "woman"; funnily, it said "Jim Thornton" last week!

They've been really doing weird things with the announcers. Charlie is left in on any episode he did originally, but if the episode originally had another substitute, he's dubbed over with Jim. Also, except for last week, the Friday episode has been from a different week than the Monday-Thursday episodes. I can only think of one other time that they reran anything out of order.

I think Jim did the SPIN IDs on the first week of reruns (September 13), but I'm not 100% certain. Seems like I would've noticed if it were someone else.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:02:23 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

PYLdude

Mystery announcer
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »
Go back and listen to the Ally Bank plug. That's not done by their normal announcer and the voice is too low pitched.

tvrandywest

Mystery announcer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
So on this summer's Wheel reruns, there's a mystery woman announcing the SPIN ID, Maxwell House and Wheel Deals plugs. Anyone know who it is? It definitely isn't Vanna, and it's not Lora Cain either.
I haven't heard the show lately, but rest easy: The rotating announcers will end shortly. Wheel is back in the studio next week for the new season. In fact, Jim Thornton's farewell party from KNX radio is being held this evening.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Twentington

Mystery announcer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
Sounds like Kelly's doing the Mystery plug and Sarah's doing everything else. Am I right? I'm not very good at picking out voices.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:37:01 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

tvwxman

Mystery announcer
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:43 AM »
Sounds like Kelly's doing the Mystery plug and Sarah's doing everything else. Am I right? I'm not very good at picking out voices.
It's not a game . If you don't know, then read more and post less.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"