Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sale of the Century shopping round  (Read 8814 times)

Bryce L.

Sale of the Century shopping round
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »
Bingo. You lose the car, and you are out the door; at least that's MY reading of the rules...
What's the difference between YOUR reading of the rules and reality? I said that a champion could lose out on all the bonus money opportunities, but with a victory of the Winner's Big Car Game could have a seven-day winnings total of $50,000, most of which would be the car and the prizes that you received for winning the day's competition. Nothing about the final cash prize.

What I meant when I said MY reading of the rules is that I could have been misremembering them. That's all.

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »
I don't recall the various levels of the shopping round, but the one that seems to stand out for me was:

$85 - First level prize 2K to 3K
$175 - $3K to $4K
$260 - $4K to 5K
$340 - 5K to 9K
$445 - $10K to $15K
$530 - Luxury car, Mercedes, usually over $25,000
$640 - All prizes
$750 - All prizes plus a cash jackpot of $XX,XXX

Loved $ale, didn't care for "Temptation" much, but I did like how Temptation allowed extra shopping dollars to be earned in their end game.  I really miss this show.  Jim Perry was superb!!!  They don't make them like this anymore...

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
Funny thing is that the daytime edition seem to get it a bit wrong for some reason: The cash jackpot by itself was the second-to-last level, while the entire lot was the last level.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
Funny thing is that the daytime edition seem to get it a bit wrong for some reason: The cash jackpot by itself was the second-to-last level, while the entire lot was the last level.

Which led to everybody except Barbara Phillips retiring at the penultimate level, and Barbara only won because she scored $120 playing for the cash.

And that leads to the question: would Barbara have retired had she won with less than $120?
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »

And that leads to the question: would Barbara have retired had she won with less than $120?

I don't think if she had $115 she would return for another day.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:19:25 PM by Strikerz04 »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:33 PM »
...didn't care for "Temptation" much, but I did like how Temptation allowed extra shopping dollars to be earned in their end game.
Well, I would have rather them had those few minutes back for gameplay, and just lower the prize plateaus to agree with main game scores. Temptation was such a letdown for me because it felt like the staff went "Hey, we know how this game is supposed to work, but let's fark it up here and there. and see what happens".
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
...didn't care for "Temptation" much, but I did like how Temptation allowed extra shopping dollars to be earned in their end game.
Well, I would have rather them had those few minutes back for gameplay, and just lower the prize plateaus to agree with main game scores. Temptation was such a letdown for me because it felt like the staff went "Hey, we know how this game is supposed to work, but let's fark it up here and there. and see what happens".
I got the impression that the staff watched an episode or two on Youtube and used that as a general idea of what to do, but without studying what made Jim Perry's or the Aussie versions work. Just because you understand the rules doesn't mean you understand the show.

I had no problems with the pop culture element or the mini-games, but the execution was awful, esp. the fact that the main game ended so early. I understand you gotta plug your prizes, but that could've been another speed round or something.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!