Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The 90s Are All That!"  (Read 8100 times)

Bertie Bott

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
Well, I was referring to the missing FDD but why not both stories? :P

SuperMatch93

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »

Maybe if this is a success, they'll do the 80's. I'd love to see You Can't do that on Television again.

I heard that last year, a fire at CJOH destroyed most of the master tapes.

/nevermind, the tapes were in a different part of the building
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:23:01 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Bertie Bott

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »
Interesting to note that the promo features clips from the original Fox version of Family Double Dare in 1988. Supposedly, Nick GAS only aired one episode due to problems that they were having with one Nickelodeon episode.

It should also be noted that of the 40 1990 episodes of FDD, only one never aired on Nick GAS at all for some reason: The Go Getters vs. The Leaping Lizards. It was noteworthy for having a mistake made at the obstacle course where the player doing Inside Out got a different-colored flag than the correct orange one. Marc told them to go back but they did obstacle #3 first.
gameshowlover87, how do you know about the never aired GAS episode? I find no indication or record of this episode existing.

Vahan_Nisanian

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
I remember seeing this episode way back in my childhood. Someone on YouTube brought back memories of this episode when he brought it up.  I think I might even have it on tape.

You gotta believe me. There's no way I would make this up.

Allstar87

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »
You gotta believe me.

I certainly do.

I talked to the guy you mentioned, and he said that a clip from the "Go Getters/Leaping Lizards" episode was used in the Salute to Double Dare. I compared the clip to all the other 1990 episodes, and it does not match any of them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:44:08 AM by Allstar87 »

Bertie Bott

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:31 AM »
I remember seeing this episode way back in my childhood. Someone on YouTube brought back memories of this episode when he brought it up.  I think I might even have it on tape.

I do believe you now that I've realized my episode count is off. I counted Salute to Double Dare as the 40th FDD90 episode whereas it sounds like the episode you are referring to is the 40th one.  By the way, is there any way I can contact you privately?

Vahan_Nisanian

"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 10:22:11 AM »

I do believe you now that I've realized my episode count is off. I counted Salute to Double Dare as the 40th FDD90 episode whereas it sounds like the episode you are referring to is the 40th one.  By the way, is there any way I can contact you privately?

By PM you mean? No, there isn't. Sorry.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"The 90s Are All That!"
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
Quick bump: The 90s Are All That Facebook app added a full episode of Legends Of The Hidden Temple, among full episodes of other shows, for viewing online.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com