Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosting Seminar  (Read 3036 times)

narzo

Hosting Seminar
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »
Todd Newton is hosting a 3-hour seminar to learn "how to become a game show host" for the princely sum of $175.

Are times that tough Todd?

http://becomeahost.com/content.php?pgID=101

Kevin Prather

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:14:05 PM »
Lay ya ten to one he makes a killing off of it.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Hosting Seminar
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »
Lay ya ten to one he makes a killing off of it.
And not just from the seminar; I bet he has all manner of autographed memorabilia and stuff to sell.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hosting Seminar
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »
Apparently doing those little remote interstitials on Game Show Marathon qualifies as "hosting" these days. Who knew?

The particularly funny part is the middle paragraph in the ad where he represents himself as "America's Life Coach."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Hosting Seminar
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
Todd Newton is hosting a 3-hour seminar to learn "how to become a game show host"
Step one: Be a stand-up comedian.

/followed by a 179-minute lunch break

tvwxman

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
The particularly funny part is the middle paragraph in the ad where he represents himself as "America's Life Coach."
He is.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jeremy Nelson

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
Wow...this sounds more like a convention feature than a full fledged "camp".

If this were to come with a hosting reel and an audition, then we can talk. EDIT- looks like there is an option for a hosting reel...for another $600.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:13:38 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Brown

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
/followed by a 179-minute lunch break

HHH!
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

toddyo

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
I am guessing the Home Shopping Network gig wasn't as star-studded???  Who knew Todd would become the Stuart Smalley of Game Shows.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Hosting Seminar
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »
Todd Newton is hosting a 3-hour seminar to learn "how to become a game show host" for the princely sum of $175.
I think Drew Carey could easily come up with $175.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Hosting Seminar
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 12:05:22 AM »
Oy. Isn't it time to let go of this Drew Carey crap? He's got his fans and his detractors. He also has the hosting position and is not going anywhere. It coulda been a lot worse. (Don't even state the obvious retort. It is both accurate and not the point.)

(I mean, there's rights to opinions and all, and I'm free not to read it, and the criticism isn't as prevalent as it was...but still, is four going on five seasons not long enough?)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:25:40 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

NickS

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 05:53:27 AM »
I'm seeing this from the "it's partially his board" side - but I think there's probably better battles to fight than "ZOMG CHRIS IS BLASTING DREW AGAIN," especially when you follow it up with the quasi-mod "Don't state the obvious retort" line.  I know, you toned it down after that but still - same could be said about the reactions.

ObSeminar:  $600 for a reel?  They better give lens flares on your slate, damnit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:55:18 AM by TeppanYaki »

SamPrainito

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 03:33:37 AM »
Do I need to state the obvious?  

Why should anyone give Todd Newton $175 to teach you how to be "the next Bob Barker", when he couldn't even get the gig himself?  Isn't that a bit like taking a weight loss seminar where the instructor is 300 pounds?

I could easily ten of ten people (who are still alive) that I'd rather give by money to and pick their brain.

BrandonFG

Hosting Seminar
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 06:26:13 AM »
Why should anyone give Todd Newton $175 to teach you how to be "the next Bob Barker", when he couldn't even get the gig himself?  Isn't that a bit like taking a weight loss seminar where the instructor is 300 pounds?
I wouldn't go that far. I thought CBS went with Drew because of the name recognition, and him also hosting Power of 10. Todd's a pretty good host IMO...I'm not saying shelling out nearly $200 is the best idea, but I wouldn't knock his hosting skills either.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!