Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cross-Wits 86 question  (Read 2560 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Cross-Wits 86 question
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:01:23 PM »
Thought I'd asked this before but apparently not.

So, what else did David Sparks do? IMDb says he's a British-born actor with a handful of one-episode roles, but things just aren't adding up here.

* His only role to that point was on a single episode of a British show 7 years prior.
* It just seems strange that they'd pick a completely unknown Brit to host a cable syndie game show. If they wanted new blood who worked cheap, wouldn't an American be cheaper? (And I suppose it's possible he could've already moved to the US by then, but see below.)
* He doesn't sound remotely British. (I know it's possible to take speech therapy to hide an accent, but when your résumé is one episode long, is it really needed or feasible?

So yeah. What exactly did David Sparks do before The Cross-Wits? I have every reason to believe that IMDb is way off base here. (And besides All About the Opposite Sex, what did he do afterward?)
Bobby Peacock

trainman

Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »
I believe IMDB has mixed up two different David Sparkses -- that's a fairly common IMDB problem.
trainman is a man of trains

tyshaun1

Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
David Sparks was a Dallas news anchor and PM Magazine host before going to Hollywood. He was up for the "Bargain Hunters" job that went to Tomarken in '87 (Peter likely wished they had chosen David for the job, in retrospect). He also did some outdoors show work for ESPN2 sometime in the 90's, too.

Tyshaun

Jamey Greek

Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:57:15 PM »
Where is he now I wonder?

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »
David Sparks was a Dallas news anchor and PM Magazine host before going to Hollywood. He was up for the "Bargain Hunters" job that went to Tomarken in '87 (Peter likely wished they had chosen David for the job, in retrospect). He also did some outdoors show work for ESPN2 sometime in the 90's, too.

Gracias. Exactly what I was looking for.
Bobby Peacock

chrisholland03

Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »
Where is he now I wonder?

It's 9pm CST on a Monday night, I would wager at home.

dazztardly

Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
From the "Where are they now?" files...

David Sparks Ph.D, is now a podcast host on the Northwest AG Information Network.

Podcasts:
http://www.aginfo.com/index.cfm/event/author/id/19

David's Blog:
http://courageouslovejourney.wordpress.com/about-2/

BrandonFG

Cross-Wits 86 question
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
Dr. Sparks, huh... :-)

He kinda looks like Pat Sajak now...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!