Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's KNIGHT's To See You, To See You A KNIGHT!  (Read 1102 times)

TimK2003

It's KNIGHT's To See You, To See You A KNIGHT!
« on: August 15, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
A trite belated, but congrats to "Sir Bruce", with close to 70 years of show business under his belt, including a handful of game shows, he finally gets honoured in his homeland:

Article here.

Sir Bruce Video here

Here's hoping I'm looking that vibrant at 83!

Johnissoevil

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »
Very well deserved honor.  I've seen alot of his work on YouTube, plus the short stint he had here in the US hosting Hot Streak.  Congratulations, Bruce!
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

mbclev

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:00:07 AM »
Here's hoping I'm looking that vibrant at 83!

There's another gentleman who just about looks that good at more than that age!  That would be Mac McGarry, who is 85 now and has been hosting "It's Academic" in Washington, D.C. for fifty seasons (I was at the final taping of the 50th season in Washington on May 14).  Just go to YouTube, then type "it's academic" (without the quotes) in the search box, and you can find recent Washington shows, and even some Baltimore shows that Mac hosted.  Also, if you go to the It's Academic page on Facebook, you'll find a picture of Mac and me taken after the May 14 taping was over.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:02:12 AM by mbclev »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »
There's another gentleman who just about looks that good at more than that age!  That would be Mac McGarry, who is 85 now and has been hosting "It's Academic" in Washington, D.C. for fifty seasons (I was at the final taping of the 50th season in Washington on May 14).  

Yeah, but I don't think he's eligible to be knighted.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)