Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD Season 3...Changes?  (Read 4174 times)

TimK2003

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »
I had been poking around the cbs.com website, and went over to the LMAD page.  As we are getting closer to the start of the new Fall season (#3 for Deal), I happened to notice that Tiffany Coyne is not listed on the cast page anymore.  Nor do I see any mention of her anywhere on the page other than her appearances in the videos/photos from past shows.

Any official word if she has left the show, and/or what other changes are to be expected for their 3rd season?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:16 PM »
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:51:11 PM »
That's a pretty slick looking wheel. Interesting that this version puts titles on the games, unlike the prior versions. I think the previous ones may have used titles on some...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Joe Mello

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:58:26 PM »
I think the previous ones may have used titles on some...
Yeah, some of Monty's games/props had labels, some didn't.

OT: aside from Match Game '90 and the one Jim Lange show, I can't think of any other shows where you spun the pointer.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:54 AM »
OT: aside from Match Game '90 and the one Jim Lange show, I can't think of any other shows where you spun the pointer.
You're making the assumption that it's spun on this one. Unless you have some kind of proof outside of that photo, I wouldn't make that assumption.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:14:41 AM »
Considering the way the prize spaces and the arrow are oriented, I'm willing to say that the pointer is spun for at least the iteration shown, if not longer.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »
Considering the way the prize spaces and the arrow are oriented,
Well, the arrow, not so much, necessarily, but your point about the prize spaces is absolutely spot-on. You're likely right.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvmitch

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:12:37 AM »
I love the idea of bringing the wheel back. Very fun. The '80s-child-in-me invokes a lot of nostalgia when that Door 4 siren would sound on the '80s LMaD.
You should follow me on Twitter

brianhenke

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »
I had been poking around the cbs.com website, and went over to the LMAD page.  As we are getting closer to the start of the new Fall season (#3 for Deal), I happened to notice that Tiffany Coyne is not listed on the cast page anymore.  Nor do I see any mention of her anywhere on the page other than her appearances in the videos/photos from past shows.

Any official word if she has left the show, and/or what other changes are to be expected for their 3rd season?

Tiffany tweeted that she was taping a week of LMAD shows last month, and her Twitter account (http://twitter.com/#!/tiffanycoyne) states she's still with the show.

Brian
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:24:50 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

Joe Mello

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
I love the idea of bringing the wheel back. Very fun. The '80s-child-in-me invokes a lot of nostalgia when that Door 4 siren would sound on the '80s LMaD.
It feels like between this, the "Now Serving" gimmick, and the mini-Big Deal, they've used every aspect of the Door #4 game except for the door itself.

Another "new" game photo.  I must say that for a last-5-years show, LMAD has some awesome props.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 11:43:40 PM »
They're using the Sale Of The Century Winner's Board. Perhaps I'll watch the show this season...
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

bandit_bobby

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »
I also saw them using a version of the SotC Winner's Board on the April 16, 2010 episode.

Jeremy Nelson

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »
It feels like between this, the "Now Serving" gimmick, and the mini-Big Deal, they've used every aspect of the Door #4 game except for the door itself.

Another "new" game photo.  I must say that for a last-5-years show, LMAD has some awesome props.
Seconded on the props...really...who would have thought to use hexagonal doors on that board instead of standard square ones? I like seeing them put together new games, but it doesn't always have to be "random chance" games in my opinion. I'm sure over at Fremantle they're worried about cannibalizing the games at Price, but I'd like to see LMAD use some pricing elements like back in the old days to add some variation...maybe even reimagine some of the retired pricing games as to not to stomp on Price's turf?

/you know you wanna see Super Saver 2011
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:56:41 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Matt Ottinger

LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
I like seeing them put together new games, but it doesn't always have to be "random chance" games in my opinion. I'm sure over at Fremantle they're worried about cannibalizing the games at Price, but I'd like to see LMAD use some pricing elements like back in the old days to add some variation...maybe even reimagine some of the retired pricing games as to not to stomp on Price's turf?
I don't mind having only random-chance games on LMAD, I think it DOES distinguish them from what Drew & Co. are doing.  They've only begun to tap into game-playing possibilities that are totally based on luck.  An hour of "The box or the curtain?" gets old.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
LMAD Season 3...Changes?
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
If they can use the Money Cards with nary a word to it being a classic format, I see no problem with things other than "Pick X, Y or Z." They can do Door #4, or the Bingo America Bonus Board, or that deal where you have to roll 21 points in 5d6, and so on,  but there's still only about 40 minutes of good content per hour show. The "money or the box" games are being dressed up in other forms, but you're still picking one or the other, and it gets tedious.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.