Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Improv-a-Ganza done  (Read 2093 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Improv-a-Ganza done
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
Per Mr. Carey's Twitter:

"[font="Arial,"]Bad news today. #GSN won't be ordering any more episodes of #Improvaganza. Many thanks to them for giving us the chance anyway."[/font]

-Jason
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:56:29 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dale_grass

Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »
Good.  Losing his improv gig will give him more time to thoroughly rehearse for Price.

Chelsea Thrasher

Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
That might go a long way in explaining why, after sticking with the show long beyond what's reasonable, GSN is only now (mostly) pulling the show from the schedule

cmjb13

Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:12:04 PM »
Good.  Losing his improv gig will give him more time to thoroughly rehearse for Price.
After 4 years, why start now?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Stevek83

Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
We'll probably see it in reruns on GSN for a while to come.

Improv-a-Ganza was OK, but it didn't have the in-between games interaction that they had on "Whose Line". Everything seemed rushed on the former.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:13:25 PM by Stevek83 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »
why start now?

Approves.

Lorne Michaels: On behalf of everyone here, I just want to thank you all for being here tonight, especially you, sir.

Mayor Rudolph Guiliani: Thank you, Lorne. Thank you very much. Having our city's institutions up and running sends a message that New York City is open for business. "Saturday Night Live" is one of our great New York City institutions, and that's why it's important for you to do your show tonight.

Lorne Michaels: Can we be funny?

Mayor Rudolph Guiliani: Why start now?

"Live, from New York! It's Saturday Night!"
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

wdm1219inpenna

Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »
I tried to watch this version on GSN, and it just didn't do it for me.  Whose Line was awesome.  In my house that was "must see TV".  Something about this format just seemed colder to me, and not quite as good or funny or personable.  It was nice seeing Wayne, Greg, also Jonathan, as well as Ryan & Colin & Kathy Kinney on there too, but the show simply didn't resonate with me.  Drew seemed like he wasn't as involved with interacting on the show this time.  The ABC version just felt warmer and better to me somehow.

As for this allowing him more time to focus just on 'Price', Drew doesn't strike me necessarily as a person who wants to focus on just 1 project or show.  Most of us, if given the chance to host Price is Right, would no doubt spend a great deal of our time devoted to it, and only it, but some people have the need to expand their horizons some.  Drew's not awful as the host, but if he were to leave after this 5th season and somebody else took over the reigns, I'd not feel too sad about it either.  Honestly, even during the end of Barker's reign, the show seemed too rushed and not quite as good as it was in its heyday, mid 1970s to about mid 1990s.  I watched it the other day, and was surprised to see Plinko & Master Key in the same episode.  I don't ever recall an hour long regular episode having 2 SP games in it and 0 grocery item games.

vexer6

Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »
Can't say i'll miss the show, it was alright, but it never really belonged on GSN since it's not a game show, it might've fared better on another network.  Now if only GSN would stop airing those boring-ass poker tournaments.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Improv-a-Ganza done
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 08:17:38 AM »
but it never really belonged on GSN since it's not a game show, it might've fared better on another network.
How long has it been since GSN changed from Game Show Network?  Seven, going on eight years now?  Time to give this argument up.
--Mark
Phil 4:13