Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune - Lottery Game  (Read 8728 times)

brianhenke

Wheel of Fortune - Lottery Game
« on: September 03, 2011, 03:04:27 PM »
The Ohio Lottery is selling a $5 Wheel of Fortune lottery game. I heard Vanna on a radio commercial several days ago. The ad said that there will be a Lottery Winners week on the show this season.

Any other states with a Wheel lottery game?

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Marc412

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
Yep, New Jersey's got it too.  I'm sure plenty of other states will have their own version as well.

Toheckwiththis

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »
New York has a "Wheel" lottery game as well.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »
Since I have the Ohio Lottery's WoF scratcher pamphlet handy, here's what it says...

"Enter to win a chance to play a lottery players-only game* of WHEEL OF FORTUNE in Hollywood and a chance to win up to $1 MILLION!"

* Lottery players-only game.  Not for broadcast.

Gus

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
Illinois has the exact same thing too.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »
Virginia had one in the late-90s...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
Since I have the Ohio Lottery's WoF scratcher pamphlet handy, here's what it says...

"Enter to win a chance to play a lottery players-only game* of WHEEL OF FORTUNE in Hollywood and a chance to win up to $1 MILLION!"

* Lottery players-only game.  Not for broadcast.

This is also the language on the South Dakota ticket. I've got one entry in, thanks to my Dad.

-M

jmenjes

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »
Same thing is starting this week here in Florida.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 01:56:10 PM »
The Colorado Lottery has anted in for a $5 ticket.

Looks like it will be a simple premise:  20 chances to match 4 winning numbers; non-winning tickets are eligible for the WOF Grand-Prize drawing.

Not really worth my dead Lincolns, but it will be definitely "crack" for those who are faithful Wheel Watchers.

vtown7

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
I realize that this is non-broadcast, but I would be curious to know if they record this for the players as a 'keepsake'.

Also, didn't Syndie Deal do this but the eps actually aired?

R.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »
New Jersey actually had a couple from what I remember. One was filling in puzzles and the other (most recent) was matching letters.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »
Perhaps. But DOND isn't really a skill-based game, so they can get away with that.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

WhirlieBird74

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 10:11:38 AM »
North Carolina has this scratch-off game, too.  My question would be:  Having already been a contestant on Wheel of Fortune (in Jan. 1998), would I be eligible to play this not-for-broadcast game, if I had bought a ticket and won a chance to compete?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 01:16:15 AM »
North Carolina has this scratch-off game, too.  My question would be:  Having already been a contestant on Wheel of Fortune (in Jan. 1998), would I be eligible to play this not-for-broadcast game, if I had bought a ticket and won a chance to compete?
Since the lone connection with Sony and/or Wheel Of Fortune is that the lottery is borrowing their production facilities for the special game, I see not one reason why not.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 04:34:20 AM »
MarioGS has a topic on the WOFL Forum here. Stupidly, participating in the not-for-broadcast game counts as your once-in-a-lifetime appearance on Wheel.

North Carolina has this scratch-off game, too. My question would be: Having already been a contestant on Wheel of Fortune (in Jan. 1998), would I be eligible to play this not-for-broadcast game, if I had bought a ticket and won a chance to compete?
Since the lone connection with Sony and/or Wheel Of Fortune is that the lottery is borrowing their production facilities for the special game, I see not one reason why not.
Following from the "winning makes you ineligible for the TV show" statement, and admittedly speaking ex-rectum, I would think that those who have already been on the show are ineligible to play the Lottery Winners game.

The whole idea of making unaired episode(s) and then giving your players a virtual kick to the crotch (strict guidelines against uploading online, banning them from being a contestant on the TV show) is really, really stupid.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...