Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune - Lottery Game  (Read 8729 times)

J.R.

Wheel of Fortune - Lottery Game
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
speaking ex-rectum
You? No way.

The whole idea of making unaired episode(s) and then giving your players a virtual kick to the crotch (strict guidelines against uploading online, banning them from being a contestant on the TV show) is really, really stupid.
The United Nations must know about this injustice to humanity.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
Following from the "winning makes you ineligible for the TV show" statement, and admittedly speaking ex-rectum,
Lord knows it's never stopped you before.

I would think that those who have already been on the show are ineligible to play the Lottery Winners game.
If by that you mean "ineligible to be in the random drawing among trip winners to play the game", perhaps, but I wonder if that's legal if they don't spell it out in the official rules.

Certainly the Lottery is happy to separate the fools from their money either way.

The whole idea of making unaired episode(s) and then giving your players a virtual kick to the crotch (strict guidelines against uploading online, banning them from being a contestant on the TV show) is really, really stupid.
There's a really, really easy solution to this problem: Don't buy a ticket.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:28:05 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
For some reason, you can't seem to let this go, as if Sony's being a dick by taking down episodes. We're not talking Sajak episodes from 1984; these are recent episodes from the last season being uploaded to Youtube. If you don't understand what that's a problem for Sony, I don't know what to say.

As for the lottery game, you left out this quote from the Wheel forum:

The game will play just like on television; however,
prizing will not include trips. Players will compete for cash and
vehicles.

So it's not like you don't play for anything...yes, it's a novelty game that won't air. But if I win a trip to L.A., and get to win some money or even a car, I'll have the time of my life doing it, and not give two brown nuggets about a) whether or not my show goes on TV, or b) being ineligible to play the real game. I'm sure the lottery winners will feel the same way. It's a fair rule, esp. since you still play for cash and/or cars. I'd love to give it a shot myself, but I'm thinking my working for a Wheel affiliate still makes me ineligible. Sucks, but oh well.

You like to turn everything into some grand conspiracy against game show fans, and it's really not like that. At all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:59:48 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 09:07:55 PM »
It's a fair rule, esp. since you still play for cash and/or cars.
I question that the rule is fair, but it is the rule. I don't see why one has to do with the other, but on the other hand I probably have a better chance of playing Wheel of Fortune on TV for money via a lottery than getting picked for the show. So there's that.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
This may be the only way for non-telegenic, dull or old people to play the game on the set of WOF.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chad1m

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
Looks like in on it, too.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 11:23:10 PM »
For some reason, you can't seem to let this go, as if Sony's being a dick by taking down ... recent episodes from the last season being uploaded to Youtube. If you don't understand what that's a problem for Sony, I don't know what to say.
I understand why it's a problem for Sony, but I wasn't referring to them -- I was talking about the lottery's rule against uploading an episode which would otherwise go unaired. Based on their wording, it seems like even they'll pass on uploading them by legit resources, which makes me wonder why these won't be aired.

You like to turn everything into some grand conspiracy against game show fans, and it's really not like that. At all.
No conspiracy here, sir -- I fully understand that 1) playing on the Lottery Winners episodes make you ineligible for the TV show and 2) said episodes are expressly said to remain unaired with "strict guidelines" placed on their contestants regarding the sharing of information online. Like Travis, I understand but still question whether #1 is fair.

This may be the only way for non-telegenic, dull or old people to play the game on the set of WOF.
Old people can be fun to watch, but I can't remember the last time one was on the show.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TimK2003

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »
I'd love to give it a shot myself, but I'm thinking my working for a Wheel affiliate still makes me ineligible. Sucks, but oh well.

I would think that if the lottery shows will never be televised, and that the lottery draws for players to go to Los Angeles is completely random, then I see no reason why you would be ineligible.  But then again, this is Sony (co-owner/operator of GSN) we're talking about.

trainman

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »
I understand why it's a problem for Sony, but I wasn't referring to them -- I was talking about the lottery's rule against uploading an episode which would otherwise go unaired. Based on their wording, it seems like even they'll pass on uploading them by legit resources, which makes me wonder why these won't be aired.

That rule may well have originated from Sony, not from the lottery -- I can see why they wouldn't want the "fake" lottery winner shows confused with "legitimate" WoF episodes.
trainman is a man of trains

clemon79

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 09:03:58 PM »
Based on their wording, it seems like even they'll pass on uploading them by legit resources,
Please define "legit resource." And please do so with the understanding that THE CONTESTANT HAS NO OWNERSHIP OF THE CONTENT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

which makes me wonder why these won't be aired.
Yeah, but you don't do conspiracies.

Really, it makes a bit of sense when you realize that the contestants for these "shows" are going to be selected purely by lot, and therefore the possibility of train-wreck television is high. And I'm guessing Sony does not want a train-wreck mistaken for the product they produce for air.

J.R.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:46 PM »
Because the Illuminati is threatening riots if Sony airs a show featuring only lottery winners.

Seriously: I don't see what the tragedy is. It's one episode out of 200 or so that's not going to air. Big deal. You'll live, trust me.
-Joe Raygor

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
Benfield:

Two choices.  You can have $100,000; or you can have a video uploaded of you looking like a ninny on Youtube.  Which do you choose?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »
which makes me wonder why these won't be aired.
Have you ever seen episodes of The Big Spin when it was just schmo after schmo walking up, talking to the host, grabbing a peg and having a go? It was dull TV then, it is dull TV now. Somewhere, I saw a clip of Todd Newton hosting a Showcase Showdown deal for a TPIR lottery game. It was dull. Why do you care so much to watch proceedings that have nary a spark to them.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
Based on their wording, it seems like even they'll pass on uploading them by legit resources,
Please define "legit resource." And please do so with the understanding that THE CONTESTANT HAS NO OWNERSHIP OF THE CONTENT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I was referring to the lottery, or Sony, placing the episode(s) in question through an official account on Hulu, Dailymotion, YouTube, wheeloffortune.com, etc.

Really, it makes a bit of sense when you realize that the contestants for these "shows" are going to be selected purely by lot, and therefore the possibility of train-wreck television is high. And I'm guessing Sony does not want a train-wreck mistaken for the product they produce for air.
While I'm all for trainwreck TV, and although the Lottery Winners episodes will be produced the same as normal episodes, I get your point.

Benfield:

Two choices. You can have $100,000; or you can have a video uploaded of you looking like a ninny on Youtube. Which do you choose?
In this hypothetical situation, I'd take the money.

Have you ever seen episodes of The Big Spin when it was just schmo after schmo walking up, talking to the host, grabbing a peg and having a go? It was dull TV then, it is dull TV now. Somewhere, I saw a clip of Todd Newton hosting a Showcase Showdown deal for a TPIR lottery game. It was dull. Why do you care so much to watch proceedings that have nary a spark to them.
The wording of the lottery statement seems to indicate that the Lottery Winners episodes will only contain the randomly-selected players doing the "normal" episode format.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
and although the Lottery Winners episodes will be produced the same as normal episodes
If you're even considering that as a remotely legitimate counterargument...

I get your point.
...I suspect strongly that you don't.