Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show exhibit at San Francisco International Airport  (Read 1421 times)

SFQuizKid

Game Show exhibit at San Francisco International Airport
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »
If you happen to be flying through the United terminal (Terminal 3) at SFO this fall, you can see an exhibition entitled "TV in the Antenna Age".  There are a number of exhibits of old TVs, including some now-rare roundies, along with various artifacts of early TV.

Of course, the on-topic item is an exhibit of a few game show home games from the '50s through the '70s.  There isn't a picture on the exhibit website, but I took one with my iPhone.

Game Show Home Games at SFO

It looks like this includes
  • a 1950s What's My Line
  • The $64000 Question
  • Merv Griffin's Word for Word
  • Concentration
  • Jeopardy!
  • a 1970s Match Game
  • Family Feud
The text on the display includes a photo from "Twenty One" and a headline about the quiz show scandals.  

I'm flying out again today and I'll see if I can get more info on the display and post them here.  Definitely worth checking out if you're flying through SFO.

Marc

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
I'm going through there in a little under three weeks, though I'm flying Virgin America. Can you make a note and see if the exhibit on the wrong side of the Security Theater?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SFQuizKid

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
Don't think so.  There's no connection between T2 (Virgin & American) and T3 (United). But they are still building, so ask.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:32:22 PM by SFQuizKid »

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
I'm going through there in a little under three weeks, though I'm flying Virgin America. Can you make a note and see if the exhibit on the wrong side of the Security Theater?

If it's where I remember the exhibits to be, it's probably on the wrong side of security.  But it looks like there are some inside and some outside of security.

This link might help a little:

http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/sfo_museum/index.html

Actually, it says the exhibit is in Terminal 3.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:31:54 AM by irwinsjournal.com »
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com