Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From The Fremantle, "If it ain't broke, fix it" Category..  (Read 2287 times)

TimK2003

From The Fremantle, "If it ain't broke, fix it" Category..
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
Anybody else notice that for the first time in the history of Family Feud, Steve Harvey now reveals the leftover responses on the board in reverse order???

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
Yes. I think this rather falls in the "If it ain't that big o' deal, don't worry about it" category.

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
Anybody else notice that for the first time in the history of Family Feud, Steve Harvey now reveals the leftover responses on the board in reverse order???

I forgot to watch the season premiere.  I wonder what caused them to do that?

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »
Not that I would know the answer definitively, but here is my guess as to why:

The bottom answers are the ones the fewest people responded with, and therefore are probably the most likely not to have been thought of by viewers, this keeps your "excitement level" up until the top space is revealed to see if "your" answer is there.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:51:41 PM »
Not that I would know the answer definitively, but here is my guess as to why:

The bottom answers are the ones the fewest people responded with, and therefore are probably the most likely not to have been thought of by viewers, this keeps your "excitement level" up until the top space is revealed to see if "your" answer is there.
This is the feeling I get too. It does seem to make more sense to reveal them from low to high--the way Super Match does.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Johnissoevil

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »
They make a change like this.  And at the end of the day, the Feud is still the Feud with the same format they've always had.  So it's not that big of a deal.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
With a host so known for his humor, you could also argue that revealing them the "old" way keeps your best potential for humor (the "somebody SAID that??" response at the bottom, for 2 points) to the end, where you can milk it.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

WhammyPower

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »
With a host so known for his humor, you could also argue that revealing them the "old" way keeps your best potential for humor (the "somebody SAID that??" response at the bottom, for 2 points) to the end, where you can milk it.

-Jason
See "Stewart, Martha."

/"He's gay."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:36:28 AM by WhammyPower »