Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 50 years ago today...  (Read 4874 times)

DrBear

50 years ago today...
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 01:39:19 PM »
Thanks for remind me that Ms. Fabe's book was where I first heard that story - I couldn't remember when.

A personal comment - the reasons for Password's phasing out at CBS may have been many - a lack of promotional support from the network, the inevitable fade in the ratings in a long-running show, the fact that the show hadn't really had an update of any kind since the theme was changed early in the run - maybe it would have helped to have the fresh setting and rules that it got when it started on ABC.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
50 years ago today...
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 08:54:18 PM »
This was so weird. I was watching the Password DVD the other day. It never occured to me that this would be 50 Years. Wow.

This was an absolutely delightful show, and I really think GSN should bring it back (at least Password Plus and Super Password).

I think the Super Password format could work in this day and age (perhaps starting the bonus round at 10 or 20K this time).
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
50 years ago today...
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 05:31:42 AM »
I think the Super Password format could work in this day and age (perhaps starting the bonus round at 10 or 20K this time).
Why is a specific dollar amount such a big hang up?  I'd still watch the game if it was played for nothing--the format is that strong.
--Mark
Phil 4:13