Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv Griffin's Crosswords goes "Retro"  (Read 4570 times)

toddyo

Merv Griffin's Crosswords goes "Retro"
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »
I highly recommend Me-TV. I would like to see them acquire some game show rights. It would fit the format, especially between 10a-2p. And keeping with the topic (sorta)...an hour and half of Merrrrrrv. Ooooooooh!

arrowood20

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 03:58:32 AM »
My RTV affiliate (WBAY-TV in Green Bay, WI) is airing Celebrity Bowling at 2:00am on Saturdays and Sundays. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to airing order, either. Saturdays show was from early 1971 and Sundays was from late 1972. Also, unlike ESPN Classic, the half-time commercial break is removed on RTV, and the show comes back immediately. All plugs are kept intact, as well.

tomobrien

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »
In other local news, the FOX affiliate in Lansing just this week picked up a MeTV affiliation on one of its subchannels.  I think I'm going to get a kick out of it, especially for a few shows from the late fifties and very early sixties (Perry Mason for one) that I've really never seen in any great quantity.

You'll love it.  We've got Me-TV and its sister MeToo here in Chicago.  They're both chock full o' great old shows, and they do a lot of the little things right (like no squashing of end credits).  Some of their promos are more than worth the price of admission...like Ed Asner and Betty White reprising their "Mary Tyler Moore" show roles.  Good stuff.