Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple on TeenNick tonight (10/7)  (Read 2664 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Legends of the Hidden Temple on TeenNick tonight (10/7)
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
While browsing through my DVR's program guide moments ago, I found that TeenNick is airing 4 hours of Legends of the Hidden Temple tonight from 10 PM to 2 AM.  It appears that the Midnight to 2 AM block might be a repeat of the first two hours.  Two hours is definitely better than none...

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
This is likely a guide accident, since a couple of days ago, the guide listed My Brother and Me as a two-hour episode in the 90s slot. However, tonight is  the first viewer's choice night and both of these programs were among the eight eligible to be chosen so it's likely that we'll see both of those have an episode pop in - just not four!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:36:47 PM by chad1m »

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:30 PM »
Most likely... starting tonight, TeenNick's "The '90s Are All That" is making Friday nights a viewers' choice night. They put up eight different shows on their site and opened them up to votes. "Legends" was the only game show on last week's ballot, and since they openly encouraged voting multiple times, I could envision certain game show fans having the time and focus to vote for it again and again and again.

Since there were eight different shows on the ballot, I assumed the channel would pick the top four vote-getters (the second two hours has always been a repeat of the first two hours since they started this 90s retrospective, yes). But I'm certainly not going to complain about a "Legends" mini-marathon!

The ballot for next week is up, and "Family Double Dare" is on the list. That's the one I've been waiting to see.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
Even though any episode will do, I'd love it more if they show a Fox FDD episode (especially if it's one of the 3 that don't exist among collectors).

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
Since there were eight different shows on the ballot, I assumed the channel would pick the top four vote-getters (the second two hours has always been a repeat of the first two hours since they started this 90s retrospective, yes). But I'm certainly not going to complain about a "Legends" mini-marathon!
Isn't there a Greasemonkey script that will reload a poll page over and over again?
Travis L. Eberle

narzo

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »
at this moment, "Legends Of The Hidden Temple" is trending on twitter.  Who saw that coming?

Reading the tweets I'm astounded how many people are watching, or wishing they were watching, and remembering the show so fondly.

Allstar87

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 04:07:08 AM »
I loved Legends as a kid, even going so far as to record some episodes first-run. It's great to see so much love and enthusiasm for the show today. :)

For those who were curious and/or unable to see the Teennick block, only one Legends episode aired; Henry the VIII's Great Seal. The rest of the block had no game shows; Angry Beavers, Salute Your Shorts, and Rugrats.

snowpeck

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 09:03:02 AM »
Most likely... starting tonight, TeenNick's "The '90s Are All That" is making Friday nights a viewers' choice night. They put up eight different shows on their site and opened them up to votes. "Legends" was the only game show on last week's ballot, and since they openly encouraged voting multiple times, I could envision certain game show fans having the time and focus to vote for it again and again and again.

The ballot for next week is up, and "Family Double Dare" is on the list. That's the one I've been waiting to see.
The Fox version may be the only version Nick has access to at the moment due to some sort of dispute.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:39:39 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

cool245

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »
The Fox version may be the only version Nick has access to at the moment due to some sort of dispute.

Actually, I'd count on the same episode airing as the clip is from on the voting page. That would mean a show from 1990. Because last week the preview clips were from Salute Your Shorts "Bunk Chief Elections", Angry Beavers "The Premiere Episode", and Rugrats "Chocolate Milk Episode" and those were the episodes that aired last night. Don't know about Legends but I'd wager that the preview clip was from Henry VIII's Seal. So really when you vote you aren't just voting on the series, but the specific episodes Nick picked out.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:21:08 AM by chris319 »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »
One episode is better than none.  Sorry for confusing or disappointing anybody.  I relayed what I saw.

For those on GetGlue, they are offering a Legends of the Hidden Temple sticker if you check in to the show.  I don't know how long this will last.  I checked in to Legends while watching the show on my DVR and got credit for the sticker.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
Even though any episode will do, I'd love it more if they show a Fox FDD episode (especially if it's one of the 3 that don't exist among collectors).
I really want to get out in front of this now and say that game show episodes are not Chinpokomon, meant to be sought and collected until you fill all your binder pages.
Travis L. Eberle