Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune - Lottery Game  (Read 9199 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Wheel of Fortune - Lottery Game
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 12:27:30 AM »
Is it possible that the entities that create these scratchies and whatnot are independent of the entities that organize the planning and taping of episodes?

I mean, I subscribe to the "lottery players != good TV" theory, but it's just an idea.
This signature is currently under construction.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 01:30:03 AM »
Every year for QuizBusters we tape a couple of programs using volunteer adults as contestants.  Our specific purpose is to train the new camera operators, but the idea is the same.  We're making a show on the same set as the regular show doing the same things that we regularly do, but there's no way we would ever air those episodes.  The people who participate absolutely believe that they've gotten the "real" experience of being on the show, but there are a hundred and seventy three reasons why that's just not so.

Dan, you've got it in your head that this thing the lottery group does would look exactly the same as a regular episode.  You are totally wrong about this.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 02:25:36 AM »
Minnesota's doing this as well.

Does anyone know if the lottery players' Wheel of Fortune game will even be held in the studio and hosted by Pat and Vanna?  For all we know, the winners could be flown to the airport Hilton and play a game of Wheel of Fortune in a conference room using the 1990s board game, right?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 03:27:37 AM »
Does anyone know if the lottery players' Wheel of Fortune game will even be held in the studio and hosted by Pat and Vanna?  For all we know, the winners could be flown to the airport Hilton and play a game of Wheel of Fortune in a conference room using the 1990s board game, right?
No, I'm pretty sure it's clearly stated that these games will take place on the Wheel of Fortune set. Whether Pat and Vanna will be present, I cannot say.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure it's clearly stated that these games will take place on the Wheel of Fortune set. Whether Pat and Vanna will be present, I cannot say.
Ah, a good point.  Dan offered us this link where he (as 'WarioSajak') and others complained about the gross unfairness of it all, but while the origial poster mentioned Pat and Vanna, nothing in any of the official rules that he quotes says that they would be there.  It just says that the winners will be on the Wheel of Fortune stage.  It's entirely possible that Pat and Vanna are named somewhere else, but it's also entirely possible that this is yet another thing about the "experience" that will be different from the real show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
It's entirely possible that Pat and Vanna are named somewhere else, but it's also entirely possible that this is yet another thing about the "experience" that will be different from the real show.

From the South Dakota Lottery's official rules:

"Wheel of Fortune will also feature a drawing for two trips prize winners and up to three of their guests to Hollywood, CA, to play an exclusive non-broadcast lottery-players only Wheel of Fortune game with Pat Sajak and Vanna White."

http://lottery.sd.gov/documents/WOFDrawRulesMultiState0811.pdf (note: pdf file)

-M

J.R.

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »
Dan offered us this link where he (as 'WarioSajak') and others complained about the gross unfairness of it all
That thread gave me a big headache.
-Joe Raygor

chad1m

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 04:44:23 PM »
You can now lose your way to an off-camera Wheel episode in Michigan.

NickS

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
Caveat Emptor:

Since it sounds like there's X amount of states, IIRC the second chance drawing is based off of a multi-state drawing.  Better odds than winning Lotto, probably, but worse odds than a whole slew of things.

/probably better odds than Dan not to conspiracy theorize
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:19:15 PM by NickS »

tpirfan28

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
Indiana's in on this thing too...or so the three commercials during TPIR would lead me to believe.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:13:01 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

J.R.

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »
Megaword was an inside job.
-Joe Raygor

golden-road

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
Megaword was an inside job.

Yes, and Merv Griffin was holding a second Bankrupt on the grassy knoll.