Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: pyramid category syntax  (Read 6280 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
pyramid category syntax
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »
*sigh*

I said you could find turducken in a dictionary. Ergo I answered your question. As far as the second part, did I at any point say "the clue giver is only limited to the dictionary?"
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
pyramid category syntax
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
As far as the second part, did I at any point say "the clue giver is only limited to the dictionary?"
If you are claiming you did not, we invite you to explain what you meant by this, then.

Which is what Jeremy just said.

If you, um, bothered to read his point.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:20:59 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
pyramid category syntax
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
Alright. I'm ending my involvement in this thread because no matter how I try to explain how you might've missed my point, I'm automatically wrong. It's not worth the aggravation.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

pyramid category syntax
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
Alright. I'm ending my involvement in this thread because no matter how I try to explain how you might've missed my point, I'm automatically wrong. It's not worth the aggravation.
Another possibility is that you're simply wrong, and you're the one who doesn't see it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kevin Prather

pyramid category syntax
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »
Another possibility is that you're simply wrong, and you're the one who doesn't see it.
Thank you.

toddyo

pyramid category syntax
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
I would think uncopyable would be buzzed. On the flip side, would standards and practices (do they still exist?) have censored "an erect body part"?

chad1m

pyramid category syntax
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »
On the flip side, would standards and practices (do they still exist?) have censored "an erect body part"?
I remember "an erection" being used uncensored for "Things That Are Stiff" in the 80s, so probably not.

Kevin Prather

pyramid category syntax
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Are Standards and Practices the ones who censor language? And even if a clue gets censored, it can still be valid, correct?

chad1m

pyramid category syntax
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
And even if a clue gets censored, it can still be valid, correct?
We were told on Password that we could use a potentially-censored clue if we had to, they would just bleep it later.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
pyramid category syntax
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »
Are Standards and Practices the ones who censor language? And even if a clue gets censored, it can still be valid, correct?

Absolutely.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)