Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fox Family Double Dare question  (Read 1533 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Fox Family Double Dare question
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »
Where did the story that the reason it was canceled was due to a dispute between Fox and Nickelodeon come from?

Also, if that was truly the reason, could it also explain why the syndicated run of the show ended after only a year and a half following the Orlando era of the Super Sloppy version?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:46:29 PM »
could it also explain why the syndicated run of the show ended after only a year and a half following the Orlando era of the Super Sloppy version?
I'll note that game shows on the whole were on a downward trend at that time.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

J.R.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:13 AM »
Where did the story that the reason it was canceled was due to a dispute between Fox and Nickelodeon come from?
The Bowling Alley?
-Joe Raygor

chrisholland03

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
The Bowling Alley?

We would have also accepted 'The Men's Room Stall at The Bowling Alley'

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »
Actually, ISTR something close this dispute -- basically that FOX wanted more celebrity shows, and DD wasn't really keen on moving too far from the core base of the game, and so they went their separate ways.

And remember, folks, Fox wasn't really much of a network then.  They broadcast two hours on Sunday, and two hours on Saturday, and that was it.  It took them quite a few years to get credibility.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."